I am spectacularly behind on email and blog reading. Don’t give up on me! 🙂
- Joyfully Jay is giving away an ebook copy of Sinner’s Gin by Rhys Ford. Closes 11:59 pm EST, January 6.
- LA Witt is giving away two ebooks of the winner’s choice from her backlist. Closes midnight CST, January 7.
- New releases and more: Rarely Dusty Books (m/m romance), Pants Off Reviews (m/m romance), Elisa Rolle (LGBT), Fiction Vixen (various romances), and Tor.com (genre-benders, scifi, fantasy)
- While there are definitely authors writing great m/m out there (you know who you are!), jmcbks neatly sums up my frustration with far too much m/m lately:
I think I’m going on an m/m hiatus for a while, because the stretched-thin plots, the overdone sex, the clumsy issue-handling, and the lack of editorial polish that I’m seeing in what’s out there are boring to me as a reader and offensive as a consumer.
Think, Do, Learn, Make
- House Republicans blocked the renewal of the Violence Against Women Act because it included new provisions for LGBTQ, Native Americans, and immigrants. Grrrr. (via The Mary Sue)
- If you’ve ever been curious about the Northwest Angle, that little bit of Minnesota that’s the northernmost post in the 48 contiguous US states…
- Geeky proposal using Iron Man’s heart. (Not gory!)
Cool or Wha…?
- A 15-year old wanted so badly to go online after her internet curfew that she drugged her parents to do so.
- Hormel (maker of Spam) bought Skippy (peanut butter). Please, please, let there be no peanut-butter Spam…
- Completely different way to provide directions. (Make sure you hover your mouse cursor over the comic for additional text.)
- New Year’s resolutions… (Again with the hovering.)
- Kitten! Baby zebra! Cat! Kitten! Lionesses and babies! Bun! Kittens! Cat and kittens! Baby sugar gliders! Lynx and baby!
- Hockey fics! 🙂
“It’s like a box, only I have better visibility!” -Mayhem