Many thanks to Xara X. Xanakas for donating an ebook copy of her forthcoming paranormal m/m romance, Monkey Wrench (Were Menagerie #2), for a lucky commenter to win! Monkey Wrench will be released by Dreamspinner Press on September 19.
Twenty-year-old virgin Aaron Thorne has a lot of irons in the fire. He’s on a career-making case investigating a new party drug that induces shifts in werecreatures, and his friend is the prime suspect. Outside of work, a literal silver fox has captured his attention. And just when life start going smoothly for Aaron, a tall, dark, scowly bobcat shifter named Iggy appears and sweeps him off his feet.
After being attacked in the course of his investigation, Aaron starts to feel like he has something to prove. It’s a good thing heâ€™s got all the energy of his shifter animal, the spider monkey. He’s going to need it to solve the case, sort out his love life, and decide what kind of man he wants to be.
Excerpt (scroll down and expand)
- Snakeskin Boots (Were Menagerie #1)
- Bennie’s Wish
- Jailhouse Rock (with LC Chase) (free)
- Sink or Swim (with Lissa Kasey) (free)
- Complete list
Xara X. Xanakas decided years ago to embrace her weirdness. A friend first described her that way to the man whoâ€™s been her husband for over twenty years. That formula fits her, and she figures if it ainâ€™t broke, donâ€™t fix it. Being Texan, her crush on cowboys comes natural, but the techie in her loves to show nerds a good time. She relishes all things different, and brings saucy style to her writing. Whether wrangling a wayward ranch hand or adding another critter to her were-menagerie, Xara strives to make the outlandish appealing. Sheâ€™ll make you quirk a brow and snort with laughter, and thatâ€™s all right by her. Xara believes that unique is best and happily ever after is the icing on the cookies.
- To enter, leave a comment stating that you are entering the contest. Contest closes 7 pm CDT, Tuesday, September 18.
- By entering the contest, youâ€™re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- If you havenâ€™t commented before, your comment will not be visible until after I moderate it. Please do not leave a second comment because your first doesnâ€™t show up! The blog gnomes will decide your comments are spam and then only ritual dust bunny sacrifice will salvage your entryâ€¦
- If your comment is actually an advertisement or if your CommentLuv link turns it into an advertisement, your comment will be deleted. (Most of you do not need to worry â€“ this refers to some pretty clever comment spam.)
- Winners will be selected by random number.
- You must leave a valid email address in the â€œEmailâ€ portion of the comment form.
- Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from stumblingoverchaos.com!
- If a winner doesnâ€™t respond to my congratulations email within 48 hours, I will select another winner.
- If you win, please respect the authorâ€™s intellectual property and donâ€™t make copies of the ebook for anyone else.
- This contest is open worldwide!
“Just move along, May, and don’t pester me!” -Chaos
“Sheesh, big kitty! I wouldn’t dream of pestering you… while you’re awake, at least.” -Mayhem