And, um, I turn 44 today. I shall be celebrating very quietly – we’ll do our family birthday party this weekend.
I also happen to know that Mary Calmes has a birthday coming up soon, so make sure you wish her happy birthday in your contest entry comments! 🙂
Many thanks to Mary Calmes, who has donated an ebook copy of her forthcoming paranormal m/m romance, Tooth and Nail (Warder, Book 2), for a lucky commenter to win! Tooth and Nail is the sequel to His Hearth and will be released by Dreamspinner Press on November 24.
Nineteen-year-old Dylan Shaw is possibly the most beautiful thing Malic Sunden has ever seen. After Malic rescues Dylan from an attack, Dylan makes it very clear that he is more than interested, but Malic wonâ€™t even consider sleeping with Dylan because of his age. Malic is sure heâ€™s not good enough for Dylan, who has his whole life ahead of him, and canâ€™t conceive of burdening Dylan with his secrets.
But the darkness in Malicâ€™s life wonâ€™t be denied, and soon Dylan is drawn into the dangerous paranormal world that is Malicâ€™s reality. Malic fights tooth and nail to push Dylan away, to keep him safe… no matter that Dylan is the key to Malicâ€™s strength and the only hope for his future.
Excerpt (scroll down and expand)
My name is Mary Calmes and I have been writing since I was in the seventh grade. One of my first stories ever was about Demetrius and Konor, two big strapping gorgeous knights and while it was not historically accurate in any way, hello, seventh grade, the one thing that became glaringly obvious was that the guys liked each other more than the damsels in distress they were trying to save.
“Boys don’t sleep in the same bed when they’re grown-ups,” my mother said when I read it to her.
“Men don’t talk nice to each other like that,” my step-father said that night.
They do in m/m fiction which I was destined to write.
I tried really hard to write a female lead but it just left me flat. I read all kinds of different books and I have favorite writers in every genre but I can only write about men. The dynamics between two men are more interesting to me and as a woman, I like men and the idea of two men together, two beautiful men… I don’t understand the question.
When people tell you that they’ve enjoyed something youâ€™ve written, there really is no greater feeling.
- To enter, leave a comment below stating that you are entering the contest. Leave your comments by 7 pm CST, Tuesday, November 23.
- If you havenâ€™t commented before, your comment will not be visible until after I moderate it. Please do not leave a second comment because your first doesnâ€™t show up! The blog gnomes will decide your comments are spam and then only luck and counterintuitive espionage will salvage your entryâ€¦
- If your comment is actually an advertisement or if your CommentLuv link turns it into an advertisement, your comment will be deleted. (Most of you do not need to worry â€“ this refers to some pretty clever comment spam.)
- Winner will be selected by random number.
- You must leave a valid email address in the â€œEmailâ€ portion of the comment form.
- Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from stumblingoverchaos.com!
- If a winner doesnâ€™t respond to my congratulations email within 48 hours, I will select another winner.
- If you win, please respect the authorâ€™s intellectual property and donâ€™t make copies of the ebook for anyone else.
- This contest is open worldwide!
“Crap, I always miss that spot. Hope no one noticed…” -Chaos