- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Linkity from ReaderWriterVille.
- Linkity from Bookwyrm Knits.
- Linkity from Inkophile.
- Linkity from the Pen Addict.
- “Why Archive of Our Own’s surprise Hugo nomination is such a big deal“.
- “All of us are out here endlessly buying new notebooks“.
- The 2019 Pulitzer Prize winners.
- “Susan Pevensie…is the apostate heroine of every girl that was religiously indoctrinated against her will…“
- The difference between magical realism and horror.
- You kick some food underneath furniture/an appliance and someone thanks you for it…
- Which members of the Fellowship of the Ring would have driver’s licenses in a modern AU?
Do, Learn, Make, Think
- The NASA twins study.
- “The ableist, racist, classist underpinnings of ‘laziness’“.
- “Using the Eisenhower Decision Matrix“.
- “Some percentage of you who are reading this tweet are #ActuallyAutistic and aren’t aware of it“.
- I don’t think I see enough boats to be aware of this.
- “Sometimes opposing sides are NOT equal, and we shouldn’t treat them as if they were.“
- The Hubble Telescope is 29.
- Go change your Instagram passwords and maybe enable two-factor authentication while you’re at it.
- Hamburger and sandwich buns.
- Four-ingredient peanut butter brownies.
- Five-ingredient flourless chocolate cloud cake.
- Homemade Larabars.
- April gothic moods.
- SO TRUE. And then hitting 70F again on the 8th day…
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- Jalapeno M&Ms.
- Bob Ross cereal.
- Bread-shaped pillow.
- “Pepsi mercifully spare humanity from its space billboards – for now“.
- Preventing carpal tunnel.
- Might be too true to be funny, really.
- Selfie-taking cat.
- “What good herding dogs!“
- Kittens and a disco ball.
- Yarn with sparkles!
- Recipes around the world.
Wyrd Sisters (Discworld #6) by Terry Pratchett. Pretty good introduction to Granny Weatherwax and Nanny Ogg – I suspect if I were more familiar with Shakespeare’s plays, I would’ve gotten a lot more out of this one.
Hazard and Spark (West Hell Magic 1-2) by Devon Monk. Good series about a world where those with supernatural abilities aren’t allowed to play in the NHL, so they play in paranormal-only league. The first two books are about two brothers, a wizard and a werewolf, who are getting their start in the league.
Chaos Choreography, Magic for Nothing, and Tricks for Free (InCryptid 5-7) by Seanan McGuire. Chaos Choreography: Once again, Verity’s part of a ballroom dancing reality tv show and things are, of course, complicated by her family’s work protecting supernatural beings. Magic for Nothing and Tricks for Free: Verity’s younger sister Antimony is sent to England to infiltrate the Covenant and things get complicated.
The Creative Habit: Learn It and Use It for Life by Twyla Tharp. I just lost interest in it halfway through and have no interest in continuing.
Art Matters: Because Your Imagination Can Change the World by Neil Gaiman, illustrated by Chris Riddell. Excellent small collection of inspirational essays and illustrations – I’ve already purchased a copy for a birthday gift…
1000 Artist Journal Pages: Personal Pages and Inspirations by Dawn DeVries Sokol. Exactly what the title says! 🙂
“My trust, you haz betrayed it, Mom.” -Mayhem