Cross your fingers – I’m trying a different plugin for emailing comments because the old one was, um, REALLY OLD and kept preventing WordPress from updating.
- New releases: Tor.com (fantasy, scifi, YA SFF)
- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- “Using neuroscience to understand reading slumps“.
- “A history of antiracist literature“.
- “Helping the princess“.
- A mash-up of Dr Seuss and JRR Tolkien.
- A bunch of little fics: Pevensies at Hogwarts, fantasy world field surgeon, not who the superhero expected would break into his place, the mysterious black door that’s only in the hallway in the middle of the night.
- Muppet 1984.
- Representation matters! The second story (the one in regular text, not screenshots from Twitter) REALLY got to me.
- A cursed human fact. Another one.
- I had never heard of karpati mutations before.
- Face mask comparison chart.
- Herd immunity poster.
- Kitten kindergarten.
- A saga of missing clouds found.
- “Art blamed in divorce suit (1947)“.
- Ok, it’s a little disturbing, but if you’re a knitter, it’s worse.
- Caffeine cryptids.
- Oh, SNAP, India!
Women Who Run With The Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes. This is a book to read in bits over time because it is dense and slow going. But I found the Jungian analysis and conclusions fascinating. I got the most out of the chapter on rage and forgiving (if you have trouble getting into the book sequentially, read this chapter first), and the chapter about the underground forest. If you’re a very literal thinker or if you don’t see any value in archetypes, you’re not going to like this book. (I would’ve hated it 25 years ago!)