- New releases: Book Riot (best books out this week, best books out last week)
- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Organizing one’s home library.
- Portland “castle with a two-story turret library”.
- Ficlet about a portrait artist and a vampire.
- Ficlet megapost, with more links than the last one I included.
- LEGO has a massive Rivendell set.
- On Aragorn and Sauron’s perception of him.
- “We must take the Ring to Jacksonville“.
- Read “the letter CS Lewis sent to JRR Tolkien describing Aslan”.
- A riveting review of Disney’s Return to Oz movie (1985).
- “A history of the ‘This Is Fine’ comic“.
- “How Tumblr turned social media polls into a game design challenge“.
- Dragon tea kettle.
- Enjoy a little stop-motion needle felted animation.
- An interesting post about astronauts attempting to express their wonder and awe when they get back to Earth.
- What is Fata Morgana?
- Make your own cinnamon extract – apparently handy for recipes where cinnamon settles out.
- Cream cheese lemon blueberry pound cake.
- I think the price on this one reflects its location at the edge of the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness.
- Some Tudors just have castle vibes.
- Stately condo in Boston.
- Rustic but extravagant.
- Nice dome home.
- (Compare to this not nice at all double dome home.)
- Another, very different nice home.
- Maximalist condo, must love pink.
- Delightful pink Victorian.
- Another condo, very white.
- Too. Much. Wallpaper.
- Kind of cool, but the nasty carpet needs to go.
- Mysteries plus water slide.
- Just kind of weird.
- …The Easter bunny was a mistake.
- Hollywood-themed house.
- What a guest suite.
- Big airport mood.
- That can’t possibly be the apartment’s entrance, can it?!
- All the steps are too tall, but that top one…
- “At least it had railings before.“
- Functionally invisible.
- Of course that’s where the cats hang out.
- These might actually be for cats and not people.
- Poor kitty – what a terrible place to live.
- Crocheted elephant… life sized.
- Indeed, a crazy art installation.
- Disturbing keyboard.
3 thoughts on “Linkity suspects March is going out like a lion”
That elephant is pretty amazing! Pretty lifelike.
It’s still snowing here. Sigh. The ski resorts have had their all-time snowfall records broken already. Alta has had over 800 inches so far and it ain’t over yet.
I had no idea of the history of the “this is fine” dog, nor that there was a “this is not fine” follow-up! Neat.
That’s a perfect example of why Aragorn is the best person in LOTR to be king. And “they’re taking the hobbits to Jacksonville” is now my favorite LOTR fandom thing. 😉 (Even though yes, I know Isengard =/= Mordor. Someone said it in the comments and it stuck in my head.)
I love that turret library in the Portland house, but can’t imagine doing any maintenance or repair work on the ceiling clock. That is a “maximalist” condo indeed… wow. And yes: there is such a thing as too much wallpaper.
It took me way too long to spot the functionally invisible stairs. Yikes.
A recent post from Nicole..FO Friday: Espira Cowl
Gods, I hope those stairs are for cats