- Still chugging along, even slightly ahead on my word count, for NaNoWriMo.
- No linkity next week, November 23, due to the Thanksgiving holiday here in the US.
- Not sure if there will be linkity on the 30th – it really depends on how NaNo is going at that point! 🙂
- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Cover snark from Smart Bitches.
- Linkity from the Pen Addict.
- If you like serialized reading, you might like Radish.
- Gift ideas for readers.
- tRUMP’s terrible presidency book club.
- NaNoWriMo Day 8.
- Canon vs fanfic.
- The Marauders work to find a loophole in the “no student out of bed” rule.
- Tam Lin is “Beauty & the Beast’s older cooler cousin”.
- Writer’s block.
Learn, Do, Make, Think
- Letterlocking. (Thanks, Emma!)
- “The guiding principles of social justice are aimed at correcting and dismantling systems. Stop using them to dismantle people.“
- Is kindness contagious?
- My new Representative, Ilhan Omar.
- “What happens after an entire town burns to the ground?“
- “CNN meteorologist explains why…tRUMP is so wrong about California’s wildfires“.
- The way chip cards have been implemented in the US hasn’t led to less credit card fraud.
- The Humongous Fungus might be bigger than previously thought.
- “Please get some exercise, any exercise at all, new federal guidelines plead“.
- Stan Lee has died. Tor.com. The Mary Sue.
- Have you tried a “To Don’t” list?
- 10 easy casseroles.
- Chickpea casserole with lemon, herbs, and shallots.
- One-pan cheesy chicken, broccoli, and quinoa.
- Flamin’ Hot Cheetos fried chicken bites.
- Brown sugar pound cake.
- Pumpkin icebox cake.
- Easy 5-ingredient pumpkin pie.
- No-bake 5-ingredient whipped pumpkin cheesecake.
- Pumpkin cobbler.
- Yes, this. Stupid early snow.
- Proof Public (Minneapolis) is having an open house on November 18.
- “The ubiquity of smartphones“. (Thanks, Emma!)
- “How is that even something you find out you can do“.
- Nevada elected a dead brothel owner to office.
- “Lesser-acknowledged varieties of film appreciation“.
- The Museum of English Rural Life has a great online persona.
The Labyrinth Index (Laundry Files #9) by Charles Stross. Ack. These are so complex now that I almost need to reread the entire series when each new book comes out. Mental note to do that before the next one… This one was mainly from Mhari’s POV after the shocking developments of book 8 have had a chance to sink in a little bit.
“Back off, Mom! Sheesh!” -Mayhem