Congrats to Monica J, who won Nexus (Warder #5) by Mary Calmes!Â Nexus is being released by Dreamspinner Press today.
Thought I’d share a few more photos, random thoughts, and links related to my vacation in New Orleans.
Outside the Sacred Grinds coffee shop.
Wall tombs from the Canal Street cemeteries.
What I’ve dubbed the Spirograph Tombs in the Canal Street cemeteries.
A family tomb in the Canal Street cemeteries.
Halloween devil on a balcony in the French Quarter.
Giant spiders infesting a shop in the French Quarter.
More Random Thoughts from Vacation
- I printed out this list of NOLA vegetarian and gluten-free dining options (link is to pdf), which turned out to be an amazingly useful resource for myself and numerous others during our visit.
- Apparently Kassa will be glued to my side during the zombie apocalypse – something about my backpack, aka “Chris’ bag of holding”…
- Our local market was the Mardi Gras Zone, which was a fascinating mixture of health food, junk food, Mardi Gras masks, and feather boas.
- If you’d told me it was possible for a nude male go-go dancer to be boring, I would not have believed you. Andrew proved me wrong. I think he was texting part of the time…
- From a motel clerk in rural Mississippi: “Only the Lord can judge the women on Celebrity Wives.” O.o
- Not sure that I understand why GayRomLit is going to be in Albuquerque next year. Is there a thriving underground gay scene there or something?!
More GayRomLit Posts (these are varying degrees of NSFW, so beware)
- If you missed the first part of this list last week…
- Devon Rhodes: Day Two, Days Three and Four
- Kassa: swag, meeting authors
- Rarely Dusty Books After Party: Rachel Haimowitz, Leontine, Cat Grant, Tracy and Kris, Bryl R. Tyne
- Jambrea Jo Jones: Day Three, Days Four & Five
“I’m much, much cuter than the big kitty! So there.” -Mayhem
17 thoughts on “Yet another GayRomLit post, with pictures and linkity”
I need to catch up on all the NOLA catch-up posts! Albuquerque is in New Mexico, yes? Interesting location choice.
May – you’re very cute 🙂
A recent post from orannia..Offline
Mocha de la Muerte…I love that…was it a specific coffee drink, or a particular roast?
I love the spirograph. Sacred grounds indeed. These are great pics.
I completely understand about the bag of holding. My bag is a smallish duffle and could be used to supply a few people stuck on a dessert island.
A recent post from Seanna Lea..a weekend in the kitchen
*pets May’s tummy*
A boring go go dancer – that’s just a waste of nekkid man. What a shame.
Chris- I love cemeteries, especially old ones.
A recent post from Lorraine..The Rhinebeck Experience
Halloween in New Orleans must be a big fete!
No one is cuter than you, May!!
A recent post from margene..Reasons To Finish a Pair of Socks
I’m always fascinated by old cemeteries. I love the spirograph tombs and the giant spider infestation.
You’re always cute, May!
A recent post from Sydney..RIP Zoe Ferret, 2002-2011
I like the spider one 🙂
I so wanted to go this year. Will it be in NOLA again next year?
Awwww, what an utterly rub-able tummy!
I wouldn’t have believed you about the boring nude male go-go dancer, but I saw one myself once. I realized it was the first time I’d ever seen a naked man look bored! For some reason, men who are naked with me (y’know, the legions of them) never seem to look bored for some reason… 😀
I also (almost) always carry a bag with an assortment of oddments; you never know when they might prove useful!
I almost felt bad for that boring dancer, he kept tugging, pulling, twisting and jerking,yet his winkie remained as flaccid as my grandma’s breasts. I wonder if he was sore the next day. I didn’t see him use any lube, so he must have had major friction burns.
Picture are great! I am so sad I couldn’t go but hoping for next year. Hubby and I are hopefully getting to NO this spring for his work conference. Can’t wait. But probably no gay strippers when I go with him.
A recent post from jayhjay..Coming Soon: Virgin Hero Week
Love the pictures!
A recent post from Eyre..What’s more shocking?
Poor dancers, they thought we would activate them with money, and we thought we’d reward them for dancing. Really had our signals crossed. Of COURSE New Orleans would work differently than the rest of the world.
A recent post from PD Singer..Book Trailer: Maroon: Donal agus Jimmy
I do think your backpack is magical as you seem to have everything in it 🙂
A recent post from mrspao..50% forgiven
Thanks for all the link to other GRL posts Chris. It is fun to see what other people thought of it.
Not sure about A’que though. My first visit to the US to A’que????