Many thanks to Anna Mayle for donating an ebook copy of her dark contemporary m/m fantasy, Bedtime Story for a Stolen Child, for a lucky commenter to win!
Stolen away from his cradle as a child, Leinad has been a plaything of the Faerie for thirty years. He has been broken and put back together so many times that he cannot even remember what he used to be. He has given up all hope of escape, until a soft breeze through his cell leads him home, only to find out that home has gone on without him. A man with Leinadâ€™s face is there in his place, with his siblings, acting out his life. A changeling. The creature who enabled his imprisonment and torture for all those years.
Daniel Tessel is a thirty year old folklorist. He is meeting his brother and sister at their family cabin, to spend the anniversary of their parentâ€™s deaths together. His biggest worry is the sÃ©ance his little sister is insisting on, and trying to stave off her inevitable disappointment. That is, until he looks up during the ritual to see his own face watching him from the window. He is pulled into the consequences of a plot he cannot even remember, accused of stealing his own life. Confused, angry, and frightened beyond reason, Daniel tries to escape from Leinad, but there is something pulling them together.
Revenge and passion are two very similar things. Blood sings, lust and tempers rise, and before they know it, neither is quite sure who the real monster is anymore. Or if it will even matter in the end.
I grew up in the woods and wild, in a place almost forgotten by time, I learned that the best moments in our existence are the ones filled with the spirit of the earth when you are surrounded by family. Even now, thirty years into my life, I find there is nothing more important than family and nothing more soothing than a quiet forest and softly flowing water.
Currently I make my home in Lansing in a place surrounded by trees and gardens and affectionately called The Nest. While work, writing and family take up much of my days, I also enjoy a variety of pastimes. Some are as mundane as reading, video games, working in the gardens, singing, dancing, sketching and swimming. Others such as medieval reenactments and various other forms of live role play might seem more exciting.
All in all, Iâ€™m a geek with a love of words surrounded by the comfort and affection of a close family and a tight knit group of friends. Life hasnâ€™t always been easy, it never will be, but it is the adversity, as well as the caring in our days, that shapes who we are and will be.
In the end…no worries.
You can find out more about Anna at her website, her blog, and on Facebook.
- To enter, leave a comment stating that you are entering the contest. Contest closes 7 pm CST, Monday, December 27.
- If you havenâ€™t commented before, your comment will not be visible until after I moderate it. Please do not leave a second comment because your first doesnâ€™t show up! The blog gnomes will decide your comments are spam and then only ritual dust bunny sacrifice will salvage your entryâ€¦
- If your comment is actually an advertisement or if your CommentLuv link turns it into an advertisement, your comment will be deleted. (Most of you do not need to worry â€“ this refers to some pretty clever comment spam.)
- Winners will be selected by random number.
- You must leave a valid email address in the â€œEmailâ€ portion of the comment form.
- Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from stumblingoverchaos.com!
- If a winner doesnâ€™t respond to my congratulations email within 48 hours, I will select another winner.
- If you win, please respect the authorâ€™s intellectual property and donâ€™t make copies of the ebook for anyone else.
- This contest is open worldwide!
“Oh, the big kitty looks so lonely up there on the cat tree by himself!” -Mayhem
54 thoughts on “Ebook Giveaway: Bedtime Story for a Stolen Child by Anna Mayle [CONTEST CLOSED]”
I would love to win this book
OH! OH! OH! Me, please!
A recent post from orannia..Wishing
This sounds good and the cover is indeed even better! Count me in please
Count me in =)
A recent post from Ralph..Monday Mini Reviews – July 6
Comments are closed.