In a world where a werecat virus has changed society, Roan McKichan, a born infected and ex-cop, works as a private detective trying to solve crimes involving other infecteds.
The murder of a former cop draws Roan into an odd case where an unidentifiable species of cat appears to be showing an unusual level of intelligence. He juggles that with trying to find a missing teenage boy, who, unbeknownst to his parents, was “cat” obsessed. And when someone is brutally murdering infecteds, Eli Winters, leader of the Church of the Divine Transformation, hires Roan to find the killer before he closes in on Eli.
Working the crimes will lead Roan through a maze of hate, personal grudges, and mortal danger. With help from his tiger-strain infected partner, Paris Lehane, he does his best to survive in a world that hates and fears their kind… and occasionally worships them.
Excerpt (scroll down and expand)
Andrea Speed was born on parole in Seattle, Washington, way before it became hipster heaven and enslaved by the Starbucks Corporation. She always wanted to grow up to be Shaft, but she soon realized there were some flaws in her plan. A total nerd, she somehow stumbled into writing, which she enjoys very much, and hopes you’ll forgive her occasional typos. She lives in a nicer part of Tacoma, Washington, and knows more about fixing toilets than she ever thought she would. Also, if you’re ever at the Emerald City Comic Con, you’ll probably see her in a red plastic coat, asking people silly questions. Feel free to say hi, although don’t make any sudden moves around the guy in the Chewbacca costume; he’s kind of squirrelly.
You can find me at my blog, where I post serial fiction mostly, but occasionally I do something weird. You can also find me on Goodreads, twitter (@aspeed), and on comixtreme.com, where I’m the Editor-In-Chief. I’m also one of the book reviewers over at Joe Bob Briggs’ site.
- To enter, leave a comment stating that you are entering the contest. Contest closes 7 pm CDT, Monday, August 16.
- If you haven’t commented before, your comment will not be visible until after I moderate it. Please do not leave a second comment because your first doesn’t show up! The blog gnomes will decide your comments are spam and then only ritual dust bunny sacrifice will salvage your entry…
- If your comment is actually an advertisement or if your CommentLuv link turns it into an advertisement, your comment will be deleted. (Most of you do not need to worry – this refers to some pretty clever comment spam.)
- Winners will be selected by random number.
- You must leave a valid email address in the “Email” portion of the comment form.
- Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from stumblingoverchaos.com!
- If a winner doesn’t respond to my congratulations email within 48 hours, I will select another winner.
- If you win, please respect the author’s intellectual property and don’t make copies of the ebook for anyone else.
- This contest is open worldwide!
“It’s about time you gave away a book about kitties, Mom! But how come the kitty is in the background and the naughty boy is in front? That’s not fair!” -Mayhem
If you read m/m romance, you should definitely join the M/M Romance Group on GoodReads. It’s a great source for reading recommendations, discussions, eye candy, author news, giveaways, and more.