July 23: Congrats to KC (SmokinHotBooks), who won the copy of Making Promises!
Many thanks to to Amy Lane for donating an ebook copy of her forthcoming m/m romance, Making Promises, which is the sequel to Keeping Promise Rock! Making Promises will be released on Monday, July 26, by Dreamspinner Press.
All Shane Perkins ever wanted to be was a hero. But after a career-shattering decision to go down fighting, Shane comes home from the hospital to four empty walls, a pile of money, and a burning desire for someone to miss him the next time he gets hurt in the line of duty. He ends up an officer in the small town of Levee Oaks, and, addicted to the promise of family, he makes an effort to reconcile with his flighty, troubled sister. Kimmy makes her living as a dancer, and her partner steals Shane’s breath at first sight.
Mikhail Vasilyovitch Bayul dances like an angel, but his past is less than heavenly. Since he left Russia, he’s made only two promises: to stay off the streets and stay clean, and to take his mother someplace beautiful before she dies. Making promises to anybody else is completely out of the question—but then, Mikhail has never met anybody like Shane. Earnest, brave, and self-deprecating, Shane seems to speak Mikhail’s language, and no one is more surprised than Mikhail to find that keeping promises is Shane’s best talent of all.
- The Little Goddess Series (paranormal) – Review
- If I Must (holiday m/m romance short) – Review
- Keeping Promise Rock (m/m romance) – Review
- Curious? A Woman’s Introduction to Gay Romance (m/m romance collection) – Review
- Phonebook (short m/m romance) – Review
- Truth in the Dark (m/m fairy tale) – Review
- Raising the Stakes (short m/m romance)
Amy Lane teaches high school English, mothers four children, and writes the occasional book. When she’s not begging students to sit-the-hell-down or taxiing kids to soccer/dance/karate – oh my! she can be found catching emergency naps, grocery shopping, or hiding in the bathroom, trying to read without interruption. She will never be found cooking, cleaning, or doing domestic chores, but she has been known to knit up an emergency hat/blanket/pair of socks for any occasion whatsoever, or sometimes for no reason at all. She writes in the shower, while commuting, while her classes are doing bookwork, or while she’s wandering the neighborhood at night, pretending to exercise and has learned from necessity to type like the wind. She lives in a spider infested and crumbling house in a shoddy suburb, and counts on her beloved Mate, Mack, to keep her tethered to reality – which he does while keeping her cell-phone charged as a bonus. She’s been married for 20+ years and still believes in Twu Wuv, with a capital Twu and a capital Wuv, and she doesn’t see any reason at all for that to change.
- To enter, leave a comment stating that you are entering the contest. Contest closes 7 pm CDT, Friday, July 23.
- If you haven’t commented before, your comment will not be visible until after I moderate it. Please do not leave a second comment because your first doesn’t show up! The blog gnomes will decide your comments are spam and then only ritual dust bunny sacrifice will salvage your entry…
- If your comment is actually an advertisement or if your CommentLuv link turns it into an advertisement, your comment will be deleted. (Most of you do not need to worry – this refers to some pretty clever comment spam.)
- Winners will be selected by random number.
- You must leave a valid email address in the “Email” portion of the comment form.
- Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from stumblingoverchaos.com!
- If a winner doesn’t respond to my congratulations email within 48 hours, I will select another winner.
- If you win, please respect the author’s intellectual property and don’t make copies of the ebook for anyone else.
- This contest is open worldwide!
“Should I start demanding my dinner an hour early today, as usual, or should I mix things up and start demanding it two hours early? Hmm…” -Chaos