- New releases: AAR (romance) and Gizmodo (sff)
- Linkity from Smart Bitches. And some cover snark, too.
- Linkity from the Pen Addict. And the Buy Stamps edition.
- Linkity for Poetry Month (the day after Poetry Month ended, d’oh) from bookwyrmknits.
- Mary Oliver reciting “Wild Geese”.
- Preservation Week with Hennepin County Library.
- The Good Omens title sequence won three golds in the 2020 International Indigo Awards. I never skip the title sequence when I watch the show!
- Discworld is coming to tv.
- “Asexuality and the Baggins bachelors”.
Do, Make, Learn, Think
- Things to do if you’re bored.
- On owning (or rather, not owning) your ebooks and music.
- Keep busy helping scientists with research projects.
- Other video conferencing apps besides Zoom have privacy issues. And also, Google Meet will be free soon.
- Download and build free papercraft models of classic computers.
- “Only in 2020 could UFOs be confirmed and we are all unfazed”.
- Don’t jump.
- Mola mola.
Life in These Pandemic Times
- You can preorder Disney face masks.
- Me, masked.
- “Don’t let cognitive biases cause you to engage in risky public health behavior”.
- If you don’t read anything else from my post today, read the article to which he links.
- Good to remember. As is this.
- “Podcasts and webinars by subject matter experts.”
- “What we can learn from coziness culture about the art of staying home”.
- “A message of hope from Neil Gaiman”.
- “How coronavirus has changed Americans’ daily lives”.
- Why time has no meaning and we’re all so very tired.
- We’re trying.
- A positive spin on things.
- A sweet story of Tom Hanks, a kid named Corona, and a Smith Corona typewriter.
- One Brooklyn doctor’s coping method.
- Fanfiction is keeping many people sane right now. (via Book Riot) The Organization for Transformational Works (OTW), which runs AO3, just completed their April fund drive and exceeded their $130k goal by around $328k in five days.
- Linkity from kmkat. And more. And more!
- 75+ dinner ideas for when you don’t want to cook.
- 17 “extra easy” dessert recipes.
- Strawberry rhubarb pie.
Cool or Wha…?
- NASA at home.
- “What’s something you can say during sex but also when you manage a brand Twitter account?”Â (NSFW)
- “A more accurate calendar for 2020 so far”.
- “Everyone’s an epidemiologist”. Hover cursor/long-press for caption.
- Flashback life hacks.
- “An advertisement for cats”.
- Rereading Good Omens fanfic. Reading too much news.