- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Cover snark from Smart Bitches.
- Linkity from the Pen Addict.
- A short story about a Little Free Library.
- Watch Hamlet (2018) at the Globe Theatre for free for the next week or so.
- “Comforting reads for hard times”.
- The airbase used in Good Omens is being repurposed…
Think, Do, Make, Learn
Life in These Pandemic Times
- Summary of the report from Imperial College London that got through to some of the world’s leaders.
- “Supercut of Fox News dismissing COVID-19”.
- And POINT.
- “The pandemic is a portal” by Arundhati Roy.
- No-sew face mask.
- Why we are all feeling so exhausted. Yeah.
- OBVIOUSLY that’s why he’s pushing that drug so hard.
- Remember that we all cope with stress differently.
- Schrodinger’s virus.
- Hamilton fans have probably already seen this, but just in case!
- Join Neil Gaiman at 8 pm BST on April 11 for “a global simulcast and tweet-along of The Doctor’s Wife, a Doctor Who episode he wrote.
- “A family in lockdown recreated The Simpsons opening”.
- LEGO wash your hands.
- COVID-19 related script for Picard (what bored scriptwriters do on lockdown).
- Short film “about an unemployed special effect”.
- “Print a family-friendly version of Cards Against Humanity for free at home”.
Cool or Wha…?
- More amusing COVID-19 tweets.
- With apologies to Mary Oliver, I’m sure.
- Relatable Jimmy Stewart.
- tRUMP, Titanic captain…
- xkcd on homemade masks. And on modeling. Hover cursor/long-press for captions.
- If you’re bored, you could try the MapCrunch game…
- Cake Wrecks on Easter cakes.
The Truth (Discworld #25) by Terry Pratchett. In which the printing press and first newspaper arrive in Ankh-Morpork…
Action at a Distance (Rivers of London #7 ) by Ben Aaronovitch. Good flashback into Nightingale’s past.
*judging all of us, every single one* -Mayhem
5 thoughts on “Linkity’s waiting for green things to start growing”
It’s definitely Schrodinger’s virus. That was perfect!
Cat faces are definitely funny and disturbing.
I think those gerbil people stole the idea from my Barbie museum.
Loved the Little Free Library story. And Schrodinger’s virus. And others.
I saw that Naomi Kritzer story, and thought of you. I think you may be the first person I know who was talking about the Little Free Libraries way back when, but I could be wrong. It could be a false memory, after all. 😉 (I know how easy those can be to believe, though. There are things that I know my mom has convinced herself really happened, when the rest of the family remembers them differently. I’m just worried about what false memories I have â€” or will â€” convinced myself of.)
Also, I have been staying largely off of social media (that is one way I am dealing with the anxiety: very short controlled bursts on FB and Twitter to make sure my family and friends are okay and that’a about it) so I hadn’t seen the Hamilton video. Thanks for sharing!
A recent post from Nicole..The Sparrow by Paul Laurence Dunbar
Of course he owns a take, of course, sigh
Great advice to remember that we all handle stress differently. I’ve seen folks saying “Keep your appearance up. Dress nicely, do your normal daily hair and makeup routines.” You know, I love those bed-headed, scruffy chinned, dress in clothes so comfortable they look like they’ll disintegrate if I take one more step days. Used to be the days I’d get the most compliments . However, after 30 days of sheltering-in-place, I haven’t gotten a single compliment. Damn, I shoulda sheltered in a place with more near-sighted people. Love ya, and keeping good thoughts for you as I quickly return to lurking.