- New releases: Smart Bitches (romance)
- Linkity from Smart Bitches. From last week.
- Linkity from the Pen Addict.
- “Kickass women in history: Louisa May Alcott and Abigail Alcott”.
- LibraryThing is now free for everyone – no more book limits or membership fees (or ads). Still, absolutely no regret about buying a $40 lifetime membership more than a decade ago – I’ve easily gotten that much value out of the site.
- Haymarket Books is offering 10 nonfiction ebooks for free through the end of March.
- Free books and histories of pandemics.
- Where that “gnu terry pratchett” tag on social media comes from.
- What makes the Good Omens fandom such an amazing place.
- “How to write during a pandemic”.
- Watch and listen to The Graveyard Book and Coraline by Neil Gaiman for free. More free things by Neil Gaiman to listen to and read. And another.
- Map and mansion building references for writers.
- “Fan fiction was just as sexual in the 1700s as it is today”. (via dietraumerei)
- A very productive 20:17.
- Rhianna Pratchett shares a photo and story about Sir Terry’s sword.
Think, Do, Learn, Make
- “Why microaggressions hurt”.
- Giving men some perspective on women’s experience in the world.
- Minnesotans abhor taking the last thing.
- Museum tours you can take whilst stuck at home.
- “Covid19 entertainment masterpost”.
- “An isolation survival post”.
- Free streaming services.
- It’s eerie, isn’t it?
- Geeky way to hit your 20 seconds of handwashing. For Shakespeare fans.
- Alton Brown on washing your hands.
- Tips for disinfecting your phone.
- “Fitness options for when you can’t get to the gym” (from Smart Bitches).
- Free sources of reliable information on COVID-19.
- BOOM. Also, same.
- Southwestern chicken casserole.
- 5-ingredient chicken enchilada casserole.
- Copycat Panda Express black pepper chicken.
- 12 one-skilled meals.
- 13 easy recipes.
- Vegan curry.
- Making restaurant-style fried tofu at home.
- Chocolate sea salt protein oatmeal.
- GenX, this is our time to shine! Woot!
- A downloadable social distancing playlist from Cover Lay Down. And another, called “Don’t let us get sick”.
- Alaskan gothic.
- Amazing Lucy Liu photoshoot.
- Schrödinger’s Cat cross stitch.
- Vintage pulp magazines online. (Thanks, Cheryl!)
- Time Slice.
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- For shame, MN Legislature. Also, what a difference a week makes…
- War and Peas.
- The thin line between healers and poisoners.
- Toilet paper solution.
- Illustrations of American National Parks based on their worst reviews.
Imposters and Shatter City (Imposters 1-2) by Scott Westerfeld. Intense first-person POV young adult scifi about an identical twin whose existence is kept secret so she can serve as her famous sister’s body double. Compulsively readable, but cliffie. ARGH. The sequel to Imposters is a little bit less of a cliffhanger, but still… Also, the next two books in the series haven’t been released yet, so it will be a while on that cliffie.
“Oh no, did I leave the oven on?!” -Mayhem