- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Bronwyn Green has a few words for stock art photography sites.
- Cover snark from Smart Bitches.
- Gifts for writers.
Think, Do, Learn, Make
- “Let’s talk about food… in space!“
- The interaction of predators and prey. (Not at all related to food in space, fortunately.)
- This honeybee mug I bought.
- It me.
- LEGO steampunk Paris 1889.
- LEGO First Avenue.
- The Minnesota Bunch.
- “Come Back, Barack” (from SNL). (video)
- New Zealand has a new water safety mascot…
- Tiny penny-hoarding dragon.
- Ian McKellen dramatically reads… instructions for changing a flat tire.
- 65,000 people singing “Bohemian Rhapsody” while waiting for Green Day to perform (plus an interesting post about memes). Related: Was Freddie Mercury a siren?
- The appeal of Tumblr.
- Disney’s holiday transformation.
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- TRUTH. (Apologies if I’ve included this one before. It’s still funny.)
- Chance the Rapper, hockey correspondent (SNL).
- The difference between European badgers and North American badgers.
- The difference between small owls and baby owls.
- “Why do you block advertising on websites you visit?“
- You’ll never think of the Grinch or Tony the Tiger the same again.
- “Reasons I relate to cats“.
- This is Chaos, I swear.
- Simon’s Cat on birthdays.
- Simon’s Cat helps with home improvements.
- Simon’s Cat goes to the vet.
- Simon’s Cat likes ham.
Tinker; Wolf Who Rules; Elfhome; Wood Sprites (Elfhome 1-4) by Wen Spencer. A delightful reread!
Kaleidoscope: Ideas & Projects to Spark Your Creativity by Suzanne Simanaitis. It was ok. More focused on making zines than I expected.