- Cover snark.
- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Linkity from Inkophile.
- Tips for pretending you’ve read a book.
- Map monsters.
- Harry Potter quotes. (via stars-benn)
- Some fandom meta.
- Fairy tale reading bedroom.
Think, Do, Make, Learn
- “The Dumbo octopus is eight cute legs of stone cold murder“.
- McMansion Hell and fair use.
- “Volvo’s driverless cars can’t figure out kangaroos“.
- John Oliver on science and vaccines.
- “When men are too emotional to have a rational argument“. (via emmaseasall)
- “Why is there a Kmart in Minneapolis that blocks an entire street?” I ask myself this every time I’m unable to drive up Nicollet Avenue from Lake Street.
- “6 things the US government is doing that supervillains have also done“.
- New photos of the Mount St Helens eruption.
- Chicken and quinoa salad.
- 20 easy dinners.
- Grilled s’mores quesadillas.
- Easy rainbow icebox cake.
- Take a tour of the House on the Rock.
- Space cat.
- Lamps where you do not expect lamps to be.
- Meet my FunkoPop!Sidney Crosby…
- And an addition to my neighborhood.
- Music video for “Immigrants (We Get the Job Done)”.
- Linkity from kmkat.
- “UPS deliveries by golf cart now legal in Kentucky“… alrighty then.
- “Strapping dressers, bookshelves, lamps, cleaning supplies, a tv, and a bike to your minivan will probably get you pulled over“.
- Orangina, what. (Possibly NSFW. It’s hard to tell, really.)
- Dinosaur roleplaying.
- Comparing seasons between the northern and southern US. (I think the northern summer should have a weird bulgey arm to highlight the summer extremes.)
- Autocorrect goes camping.
- NSFW Cake Wrecks and superheroes.
- Definitely not a street.
- Telephoto, xkcd style. (Hover cursor/long-press for caption.)
- Math class. (Hover cursor/long-press for caption.)
- Refresh types. (Hover cursor/long-press for caption.)
- Darth Chat Noir, I presume?
Sid vs Ovi: Natural Born Rivals by Andrew Podnieks. So-so comparison of Sidney Crosby and Alexander Ovechkin from their rookie seasons in 2005-2006 through June 2011, focusing on their games against each other. The book was definitely biased toward Crosby and painted a pretty unflattering picture of Ovechkin. I mean, I prefer Sid to Ovi myself, but… Pretty sure I told the book, “You aren’t even trying” more than once.
*kick-hug-kick-hug-kick-rub on face-kick* -Mayhem