Marriage should be a happy ending, but for Alyn and Jarvez it’s only the start of a new set of problems as grief and guilt stir deeply buried desires in Jarvez. Will wedded bliss prove to be a myth?
The Red Dragon returns to Earth carrying the newly-married Captain Alyn Evans and Company Rep Jarvez Kashari. After promising to leave the Dragon, Jarvez expects confrontation when the grandfather he’s spent all his life trying to please learns he lied. But the showdown never happens – he arrives home to the news his grandfather is dead. While dealing with the shock and grief, the revelation of a terrible old secret changes Jarvez’s perceptions of his family and the company.
Coming to terms with what he learned at home, haunted by guilt for his unwitting part in it, Jarvez finds dark sexual urges surfacing. He longs for punishment, domination, and pain – longings Alyn finds hard to satisfy. The Dragon leaves Earth with a new mission and Jarvez has new ambitions. He wants to raise enough money to leave the company behind, buy a ship with Alyn and become independent traders. When a consignment of diamonds is stolen aboard the Dragon, they are not allowed to go on until the case is solved. With only a few days left to buy the ship he wants and start the new life he dreams of, Jarvez must find those diamonds.
A long time science fiction fan, Becky thinks there are few story ideas that can’t be improved by the addition of the words “in space”. If the story also includes two gorgeous men unable to keep their hands off each other then so much the better. She’d happily go into space herself, but being English would insist on there being a reliable supply of tea available.
She likes nothing more than trapping her characters in tricky no-win situations and watching them figure a way out. When not chasing her characters up trees and throwing rocks at them Becky can be found working in an office – where she’s usually thinking about the next rock to throw.
- To enter, leave a comment stating that you are entering the contest. Contest closes 7 pm CDT, Thursday, March 19.
- By entering the contest, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- If you haven’t commented before, your comment will not be visible until after I moderate it. Please do not leave a second comment because your first doesn’t show up! The blog gnomes will decide your comments are spam and then only ritual dust bunny sacrifice will salvage your entry…
- If your comment is actually an advertisement or if your CommentLuv link turns it into an advertisement, your comment will be deleted. (Most of you do not need to worry – this refers to some pretty clever comment spam.)
- Winners will be selected by random number.
- You must leave a valid email address in the “Email” portion of the comment form.
- Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from stumblingoverchaos.com!
- If a winner doesn’t respond to my congratulations email within 48 hours, I will select another winner.
- If you win, please respect the author’s intellectual property and don’t make copies of the ebook for anyone else.
- This contest is open worldwide!
“…zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz…” -Chaos & Mayhem