- New releases: Fiction Vixen (UF/romance)
- “Pages ain’t nothing but a number (or, let’s all stop judging people by how much they read)“. (via maderr)
Think, Make, Do, Learn
- Outside’s list of the 16 greatest places to live in the US. (via neighborhoodr-minneapolis) (Spoiler: Duluth and Minneapolis both made the list.)
- Sage Francis wrote “Conspiracy to Riot” about the protests surrounding the 2008 Republican National Convention in St Paul, MN, but what’s happening in Ferguson reminded me of it, unfortunately. (video contains sounds and scenes of violence) (But this is a very promising development in Ferguson, finally.)
- “11 mundane objects that are statistically deadlier than sharks“. (Bednado isn’t as catchy as Sharknado, I guess.)
- Best bedroom paint colors for sleep. (It’s dark when you’re sleeping. Does the paint matter that much?)
- Which country is the right fit for you? (Sweden, Norway, Denmark, the Netherlands, Canada…)
- You’ve perhaps never heard of Paul Bissonnette, the NHL hockey player who pretty much won the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge (a helicopter was involved). GPOY. (NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman took the challenge, too. There’s a little sidebar in the linked article on the NHL’s site that has links to even more challenges.)
Cool or Wha…?
- 11 crazy S’Mores combos. (National S’Mores Day was apparently this past Sunday.)
- Gandalf uses a Mac?! *gasp* (The tags on this post are great.)
- Universal converter box. (Hover cursor [or long-press on mobile] for additional text.)
- Pallas cat and babies! Black kitten! Baby pandas! Fennec and babies! Sandhill cranes and baby. Baby snow leopard! Kitten!