Johnny Cairo is known as the Scaremaster. He works for Fear Asylum, his father’s traveling haunted house, and makes his living terrifying people. But Johnny has never frightened easily himself. That is, until he wakes up in the middle of the night and finds his best friend’s younger brother in his bed. Naked.
Johnny’s fought against his attraction to Brennan for years, worried that giving in to it will lead to losing the friendship he shares with Brennan’s older brother, Eddie. As much as he fights it, though, the lure of having Brennan in his bed proves too hard to resist. They start an affair that’s supposed to be no-strings-attached, but Johnny’s persistent denial of the growing feelings between them leads to a rift that might not be mendable. Then an accident at Fear Asylum nearly costs Johnny the one thing he holds dear, and he learns that while his nickname might be the Scaremaster, he knows next to nothing about real fear.
Excerpt (scroll down and select link to expand)
Piper Vaughn wrote her first love story at eleven and never looked back. Since then, she’s known that writing in some form was exactly what she wanted to do. A reader at the core, Piper loves nothing more than getting lost in a great book – fantasy, young adult, romance, she loves them all (and has a thousand book library to prove it!). She grew up in Chicago, in an ethnically diverse neighborhood, and loves to put faces and characters of every ethnicity in her stories, so her fictional worlds are as colorful as the real one. Above all, she believes that everyone needs a little true love in their life…even if it’s only in a book. You can find out more about Piper at her website, Facebook, Twitter, and joint blog with M.J O’Shea.
- To enter, leave a comment stating that you are entering the contest. Contest closes 7 pm CDT, Tuesday, March 19.
- By entering the contest, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- If you haven’t commented before, your comment will not be visible until after I moderate it. Please do not leave a second comment because your first doesn’t show up! The blog gnomes will decide your comments are spam and then only ritual dust bunny sacrifice will salvage your entry…
- If your comment is actually an advertisement or if your CommentLuv link turns it into an advertisement, your comment will be deleted. (Most of you do not need to worry – this refers to some pretty clever comment spam.)
- Winners will be selected by random number.
- You must leave a valid email address in the “Email” portion of the comment form.
- Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from stumblingoverchaos.com!
- If a winner doesn’t respond to my congratulations email within 48 hours, I will select another winner.
- If you win, please respect the author’s intellectual property and don’t make copies of the ebook for anyone else.
- This contest is open worldwide!
“You should put this computer thing away and make a lap for me.” -Mayhem