Before the dementia, Dean and his father weren’t close. But, as he watches his father break down, Dean accepts that he loves the man. And fears ending up like him.
Ever since his father was diagnosed with dementia, Dean has watched the mental processor in the former software engineer’s brain degrade. Dean has accepted his love for his once-estranged father, but as the illness progresses, Dean struggles to balance his affection for his father against his own fears of one day ending up like him, and leaving his own lover, Taylor, with a shadow of himself.
Excerpt (scroll down and select tab)
Also by Jennifer
Jennifer Brooks is a brilliant writer who slaves away for the benefit of her black cat overseer. May we all one day end up under the dark oneâ€™s dainty paw. Mwr! You can find out more about Jennifer at her blog and if you want to find out her secret identityâ€¦
- To enter, leave a comment stating that you are entering the contest. Contest closes 7 pm CST, Friday, February 8.
- By entering the contest, youâ€™re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- If you havenâ€™t commented before, your comment will not be visible until after I moderate it. Please do not leave a second comment because your first doesnâ€™t show up! The blog gnomes will decide your comments are spam and then only ritual dust bunny sacrifice will salvage your entryâ€¦
- If your comment is actually an advertisement or if your CommentLuv link turns it into an advertisement, your comment will be deleted. (Most of you do not need to worry â€“ this refers to some pretty clever comment spam.)
- Winners will be selected by random number.
- You must leave a valid email address in the â€œEmailâ€ portion of the comment form.
- Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from stumblingoverchaos.com!
- If a winner doesnâ€™t respond to my congratulations email within 48 hours, I will select another winner.
- If you win, please respect the authorâ€™s intellectual property and donâ€™t make copies of the ebook for anyone else.
- This contest is open worldwide!
“Why do you keep waking me up to take my picture?!?!” -Chaos