- Largehearted Boy is giving away two ice cream cookbooks and a $100 Threadless gift certificate. Contest closes 11:59 pm EDT, June 1.
- Joyfully Jay’s giving away an ebook copy of Wacky Wednesday by JA Rock. Contest closes 11:59 pm EDT, June 4.
- Joder’s giving away an ebook copy of Alien Revealed by Lilly Cain. Contest closes 11:59 pm CDT, June 4.
- Wrapped Up in Books is giving away an ebook copy of LC Chase’s forthcoming Riding With Heaven. Contest closes 9 pm CDT, June 5.
- Daily Forage – gluten free is giving away a gluten-free goodie basket to celebrate its first anniversary. Contest closes 11:59 pm CDT, June 8.
- New releases and more: Elisa (LGBT), Tor.com (UF, genre benders, scifi, fantasy), AAR (romance audiobooks), and Book Lovers Inc (various types of romance).
Think, Do, Learn, Make
- Eight legendary same-sex couples. (Thanks, Jase!)
- The FDA didn’t seem to think much of the Corn Refiners Association’s petition to call high fructose corn syrup “corn sugar” instead.
- If you missed my Monday post of images from the vintage knitting pattern booklet, Hand Knits for Men, you really must check it out.
- You can play the original Castle Wolfenstein 3D in your browser for free. (via Gizmo’s Freeware) Am I the only one who remembers the original (2D) Castle Wolfenstein? Your character looked like a little stick figure wandering around in a maze of lines.
Cool or Wha…?
- Are you ready for Earth Standard Time? (hover your pointer over the comic for additional text)
- Kitten! Baby lion! Lioness and baby! Tigers! Black jaguar! Black jaguar! Swan and cygnet! Black panther! Black panther! Egret! Tiger! Nicobar pigeons! Cats and puppy! Baby sea otter! Baby raccoon! Kitten! Dolphin and baby! Sleepy black kitten! Otter and baby! Kittens! Kittens in the kitchen! Cat and kitten! Bison and baby! Kitten! Capybara and babies! Kitten! Cats in a box! Kitten! Baby otter! Duckling!
Brushback (Evan Austin #1) by Jamie Scofield. ebook. reread. Excellent m/m mystery about a Seattle private investigator hired to find an about-to-be heir by the mother who abandoned the boy and his father years ago. However, things aren’t quite as straightforward as that… This ends on an HFN and was published three years ago, so hard to say if there will be more books…
Prey (Infected #1) by Andrea Speed. ebook. Very good m/m paranormal romantic suspense containing two novellas about a private investigator who was born with the werecat virus. His partner (personally and professionally) was infected with a particularly virulent strain of the virus when he was in college. Either the first story had fewer unclear pronoun references than the second or I noticed them less.
Bloodlines (Infected #2) by Andrea Speed. ebook. Excellent m/m paranormal romantic suspense that I can’t say much about other than make sure you have tissues and the next book at hand. *sniffles*
Absolutely Eric (Boston Boys #2) by Erica Pike. ebook. Good m/m romance about an unrepentantly slutty college senior who decides it’s time for him to have a boyfriend; unfortunately he makes a very poor choice. At times this was difficult to read, but it was due to things that happened as a result of that poor choice and not because of the writing!
Floods and Drought (The Wranglers #3) by Zahra Owens. ebook. Pretty good western m/m romance about a guy freshly paroled from prison who’s given a job as a ranch hand at the same ranch he went to prison for stealing from. But the handsome wrangler supervisor he once shared a kiss with is vouching for him, so he’s stuck.
Rock and a Hard Place by Jane Davitt & Alexa Snow. ebook. Good m/m romance about two business rivals who are at each other’s throats to such a degree that their boss sends them on a vacation together so they can work through their animosity… and then their plane goes down into the ocean. I wish I’d skipped the last chapter (18, if you’re so inclined).
Island of Temptation by Claire Thompson. ebook. reread. Ok m/m romance about two guys, one bi, one straight, who end up stranded on a desert island after their cruise ship sinks. I had a strange compulsion to reread this after finishing Rock and a Hard Place.
Belly of the Beast (ES Peters Investigations #2) by AM Burns. ebook short. Meh short m/m paranormal story about an investigative mage and his werewolf partner who are trying to find a teenage werepuma missing under suspicious circumstances. The verb tense wandered and the story was completely uninvolving. I only finished reading because it was so very short.
NaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNa, Bat Cat!