Many thanks to Heidi Cullinan for donating an ebook copy of her forthcoming m/m romance, Dance With Me, for a lucky reader to win! Dance With Me will be released by Loose Id on July 26. This one’s set in Minneapolis! 🙂
Ed Maurerâ€™s life would be fine if he could just get Laurie Parker off his back. Heâ€™s bounced back, more or less, from the neck injury that permanently benched his semi-pro football career, and he volunteers now at a local community center. Itâ€™s just that every time he turns around, that damn professional dancer is in his way, hating Ed right back. But when a bargain Ed strikes at the center lands him as an assistant in Laurieâ€™s ballroom dancing class, their perceptions of each other turn upside down. Both Ed and Laurie have heartbreak in their pasts, but somehow dancing together eases their individual pain. For Ed, dancing with Laurie becomes a way to reconnect with his body after losing football. For Laurie, partnering with Ed has erased some of his fear of performing and brought back joy to a sport he wasnâ€™t sure he could ever truly love again.
As Laurie and Ed lose themselves in dance, their lives continue to spin around them: Edâ€™s injury makes it clear heâ€™s nowhere near recovery, Laurie feels the pressure by friends and family to perform once more, and the community center that has become such an important part of both their worlds threatens to close. Alone, they havenâ€™t had the strength or spirit to face what life has hurled at them. But as the turns of their personal paths lead them into the arms of love, Ed and Laurie begin to think that if they dance this dance together, they might be able to succeed.
- Special Delivery: excerpt, review
- Double Blind: excerpt, review
- Miles and the Magic Flute: excerpt, review
- Nowhere Ranch; excerpt, review
- The Seventh Veil (Etsey Novels #1); excerpt, review
- Complete list
Heidi Cullinan has always loved a good love story, provided it has a happy ending. She enjoys writing across many genres but loves above all to write happy, romantic endings for LGBT characters because there just arenâ€™t enough of those stories out there. When Heidi isnâ€™t writing, she enjoys cooking, reading, knitting, listening to music, and watching television with her family. Heidi also volunteers frequently for her stateâ€™s LGBT rights group, One Iowa, and is proud to be from the first Midwestern state to legalize same-sex marriage.
- To enter, leave a comment stating that you are entering the contest. Contest closes 7 pm CDT, Monday, July 25.
- By entering the contest, youâ€™re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- If you havenâ€™t commented before, your comment will not be visible until after I moderate it. Please do not leave a second comment because your first doesnâ€™t show up! The blog gnomes will decide your comments are spam and then only ritual dust bunny sacrifice will salvage your entryâ€¦
- If your comment is actually an advertisement or if your CommentLuv link turns it into an advertisement, your comment will be deleted. (Most of you do not need to worry â€“ this refers to some pretty clever comment spam.)
- Winners will be selected by random number.
- You must leave a valid email address in the â€œEmailâ€ portion of the comment form.
- Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from stumblingoverchaos.com!
- If a winner doesnâ€™t respond to my congratulations email within 48 hours, I will select another winner.
- If you win, please respect the authorâ€™s intellectual property and donâ€™t make copies of the ebook for anyone else.
- This contest is open worldwide!
“I’m hot and miserable. Woe!” -Mayhem