Ellery James, a celebrated author of historical romances, shuns the spotlight, preferring the solitude of his small town sanctuary to risking media scrutiny. He harbors a closely guarded secret that is not only the bane of his existence, but the source and inspiration of his bestsellers.
His strictly proscribed existence goes south and sideways when the grimly dangerous Boone Dantrell blazes into Ellery’s life. Ellery is alarmed to experience a tentative but undeniable connection to the haunted, mysterious stranger with secrets of his own, and the burgeoning attraction between them grows almost as swiftly as the danger dogging Boone.
Theyâ€™ve barely met before their secrets and worlds collide, thrusting them both into unimaginable peril. The battle they must wage together spans this world – and the next – and losing it could cost them not only their lives, but their very souls.
Book Trailer (I’m not usually a fan, but this one was great fun!)
Comment Exchange between Phoenix and I about the very unexpected turn this book takes 2/3 of the way through.
Phoenix Emrys began her writing career at age seven when she penned her first opus, a supernatural thriller about a green porcelain horse and her favourite Barbie. She continued to write vociferously into her twenties, producing several fantasy tales featuring two male characters of the intensely bonded, brothers-in-arms variety. The book she slaved over and submitted for publication utterly failed to impress. Whereupon she chucked the writing and got on with her life.
She put her writing aspirations aside to have two children and various careers, including a six year stint in the military, working various retail venues, owning and operating both a used book/comic book store and a metaphysical bookstore. She also served time in call centres, painted, made furniture and dry-walled.
In 1999 her first computer and a shiny new obsession for two hot guys in a certain sci fi series led her into the world of fanfiction, where she discovered two hot guys who really liked each other could do way more than hug…a lot. Not only did this exciting new arena rekindle her atrophied desire to write, but the slash revelation inspired her to significantly expand her literary horizons.
Ten years of fanfic writing ensued. During which she wrote – a lot – and learned some, too. Well, she hopes so, anyway
Phoenix is a Canadian south paw and lives in British Columbia with her daughter, the worldâ€™s largest cat and his psycho Siamese nemesis. She loves to knit and write about hot guys in love, with happy endings.
- To enter, leave a comment stating that you are entering the contest. Contest closes 7 pm CDT, Wednesday, August 25.
- If you havenâ€™t commented before, your comment will not be visible until after I moderate it. Please do not leave a second comment because your first doesnâ€™t show up! The blog gnomes will decide your comments are spam and then only ritual dust bunny sacrifice will salvage your entryâ€¦
- If your comment is actually an advertisement or if your CommentLuv link turns it into an advertisement, your comment will be deleted. (Most of you do not need to worry â€“ this refers to some pretty clever comment spam.)
- Winners will be selected by random number.
- You must leave a valid email address in the â€œEmailâ€ portion of the comment form.
- Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from stumblingoverchaos.com!
- If a winner doesnâ€™t respond to my congratulations email within 48 hours, I will select another winner.
- If you win, please respect the authorâ€™s intellectual property and donâ€™t make copies of the ebook for anyone else.
- This contest is open worldwide!
“Fighting? Us? Whatever are you talking about, Mom?” -Mayhem