– Death Cab for Cutie, “The New Year”
- I had this grand plan of having a 2009 in review post all ready to go for today.
- I even worked on it at Spyhouse Coffee Friday!
- Well, sort of worked and sort of hung out with CJ while she sort of worked, too (click on the comic to embiggen):
(idea totally glommed from Paperback Writer)
- Anyway, that was before I worked a full day Sunday and my schedule got all messed up.
- My work week is Monday through Friday, barring a crisis.
- There was a crisis.
- The Y2010 Crisis, to be exact.
- Or would that be Y2K10?
- It was caused, for my company, by programmers (at two separate external vendors) who apparently dealt with Y2K very sloppily.
- Thus instead of 2009 rolling smoothly over into 2010, it rolled over into… 2000.
- My quickie fix to get us back up and running will only work until 2019, but hey, at least we know there’s a problem this time and that we have nine years to fix it!
- Anyone want to take bets what we’ll be working on December 31, 2018? 😉
- It looks like something far, far worse happened to the book.
- I believe that I have just purchased Visions in White by Nora Roberts.
- No way am I taking the book in to the library. I’m just going to tell them it was lost.
- They don’t need to see what it looks like. Trust me on this one.
- Let’s see, what else has been going on? Oh! It’s been bitterly cold here.
- Saturday morning it was -17F/-27.2C (not counting windchill) at 9:30 am when I went out to make sure my car would start so I could drive to a family gathering 60 miles away.
- It started. Go, car!
- Some of you from colder climes will already know this, but at -17F, when you drop into your car seat? It has no give whatsoever.
- Your face starts to stiffen up moments after being outside, too.
- And your home tends to make alarming booming sounds as it contracts. O_o
- Good thing our family gathering turned out to be a lot of fun, eh?
- My stepmom made gluten-free lasagna!
- And my SIL made chocolate-covered gluten-free pretzels for me to bring home!
- How has the New Year been treating all of you?
“Whoa. Who spiked the ‘nip on New Year’s?!” -Chaos