Christmas vacation 1984 is far from festive at the house of eighteen year-old Alejo Sandoval. His parents teeter on the verge of divorce. His final semester of high school looms ahead. He has just found out that his trickster cousin Martin has vanished, leaving no traces behind. And he keeps a secret that could destroy his place within his religious Hispanic world – he and his best friend Bobby Gallegos are lovers.
Independent and exasperating, Bobby is the love of his life. There is no one Alejo would rather have at his side when his mother and aunt send him on a road trip to unravel his cousin’s mysterious disappearance. But what starts as an excuse to get out of Albuquerque and enjoy a romantic road trip soon takes on serious overtones. Martin might have endangered his life by coming out as gay.
Their short fact-finding mission turns into a quest for Martin’s whereabouts through the secretive small towns of New Mexico. Stress and speculation have set Alejo’s eccentric relatives against each other, and Alejo and Bobby are about to walk into the crossfire.
Note: REACH FOR THE MOON is listed as a prequel to FALL INTO THE SUN, but only in the sense of having the same characters at a younger age. Think of FALL INTO THE SUN as what might have occurred on an alternate timeline. Meanwhile, REACH FOR THE MOON is what really happened on the main timeline. The events of REACH FOR THE MOON do not fit into the backstory of FALL INTO THE SUN.
- Trinity Trespass
- Wicked Cool
- Call and Answer
- Ink Illusions
- Alejo & Bobby: Fall into the Sun and This is Yours (free)
I’m what you might expect – female, married, and an avid reader. I like humor, strong plots, and complicated characters, and I hope to offer you the same. I deeply appreciate readers for giving my books a try and especially for taking the time to write a review. If I avoid commenting, or expressing direct thanks for a review, it is only to respect the readers’ privacy to discuss books without author interference. I love feedback and I learn from all my reviews. Feel free to email me at veekay2000 [at] gmail [dot] com, and thanks for reading!
- To enter, leave a comment stating that you are entering the contest. Contest closes 7 pm CDT, Friday, June 21.
- By entering the contest, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- If you haven’t commented before, your comment will not be visible until after I moderate it. Please do not leave a second comment because your first doesn’t show up! The blog gnomes will decide your comments are spam and then only ritual dust bunny sacrifice will salvage your entry…
- If your comment is actually an advertisement or if your CommentLuv link turns it into an advertisement, your comment will be deleted. (Most of you do not need to worry – this refers to some pretty clever comment spam.)
- Winners will be selected by random number.
- You must leave a valid email address in the “Email” portion of the comment form.
- Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from stumblingoverchaos.com!
- If a winner doesn’t respond to my congratulations email within 48 hours, I will select another winner.
- If you win, please respect the author’s intellectual property and don’t make copies of the ebook for anyone else.
- This contest is open worldwide!