England, 1588. When a fairy betrothal ritual goes wrong, village lad Tam is bonded to Herne the Hunter. Warrior, legend, and Greenwood spirit, Herne once led the terrifying Wild Hunt, an army of the undead who rode as harbingers of doom. When his passions are stirred and his blood is up, Herne sports the antlers of a mighty stag.
Herne could be the lover Tam secretly craves, but Herneâ€™s past makes him fear the brooding warrior will enslave or kill him. While Herne admires Tamâ€™s toughness and humor, he has rejected love â€“ as he has sworn off leading the Wild Hunt â€“ and wishes only for solitude. To break their betrothal, they must travel into the Greenwood, a realm of magic and bondage where their desires for each other grow dangerously irresistible, and the Wild Hunt bays for their blood.
As the threat rises, Herneâ€™s mastery and compassion realize Tamâ€™s darkest sexual fantasies. Soon heâ€™s no longer fighting for his freedom, wishing to be bound to the beast forever. But can Herneâ€™s tortured heart be reawakened? And if so, will their love destroy them both, or prove Herne the Hunterâ€™s greatest weapon?
Also by Kay
- Bound for the Forest and Lord of the Forest
- Catching Kit
- Simon, Sex, and the Solstice Stone
- Prisoner of the Mountain Watch
Kay is a freelance historical researcher, who realized it was even more entertaining to make stories up and add a ton of fantasy, sex and BDSM fun. She loves writing stories set in any time and place where she can indulge her love for research while imagining two hot guys getting it on, but has a particular passion for fairies and English folklore. Her first novel, Bound for the Forest, was published by Loose Id in September 2011.
She lives in Hampshire, UK, with her beloved â€œother halfâ€ Chris. When they arenâ€™t both madly working, they enjoy drinking wine, visiting castles and gorgeous countryside, and stalking cats and greenfinches.
- To enter, leave a comment stating that you are entering the contest. Contest closes 7 pm CDT, Friday, May 17.
- By entering the contest, youâ€™re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- If you havenâ€™t commented before, your comment will not be visible until after I moderate it. Please do not leave a second comment because your first doesnâ€™t show up! The blog gnomes will decide your comments are spam and then only ritual dust bunny sacrifice will salvage your entryâ€¦
- If your comment is actually an advertisement or if your CommentLuv link turns it into an advertisement, your comment will be deleted. (Most of you do not need to worry â€“ this refers to some pretty clever comment spam.)
- Winners will be selected by random number.
- You must leave a valid email address in the â€œEmailâ€ portion of the comment form.
- Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from stumblingoverchaos.com!
- If a winner doesnâ€™t respond to my congratulations email within 48 hours, I will select another winner.
- This contest is open worldwide!
“Why, yes, I AM very comfortable right now.” -Mayhem