After his cousin is murdered, journalist Jessie Canning reunites with his estranged lover to investigate it.
Jessie was on the phone when his cousin, Ben, was attacked. Fifteen minutes later, when Jessie arrived at Ben’s condo, his cousin was dead. With life and death as close as a minute away, Jessie must work with his estranged lover, Mathew, to learn why anyone would’ve wanted to kill Ben.
Excerpt (scroll down)
Jennifer Brooks is a brilliant writer who slaves away for the benefit of her black cat overseer. May we all one day end up under the dark one’s dainty paw. Mwr! You can find out more about Jennifer at her blog and if you want to find out her secret identity…
- To enter, leave a comment stating that you are entering the contest. Contest closes 7 pm CDT, Thursday, August 16.
- By entering the contest, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- If you haven’t commented before, your comment will not be visible until after I moderate it. Please do not leave a second comment because your first doesn’t show up! The blog gnomes will decide your comments are spam and then only ritual dust bunny sacrifice will salvage your entry…
- If your comment is actually an advertisement or if your CommentLuv link turns it into an advertisement, your comment will be deleted. (Most of you do not need to worry – this refers to some pretty clever comment spam.)
- Winners will be selected by random number.
- You must leave a valid email address in the “Email” portion of the comment form.
- Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from stumblingoverchaos.com!
- I am not able to reliably contact people with aol.com and netscape.com email addresses – please use a different email address if at all possible!
- If a winner doesn’t respond to my congratulations email within 48 hours, I will select another winner.
- If you win, please respect the author’s intellectual property and don’t make copies of the ebook for anyone else.
- This contest is open worldwide!
“Take one more picture and I will be forced to thwack you with my paw!” -Chaos