Eighteen-year-old Jess Bonner is casting off pretense – and, with it, some friends from his past who aren’t particularly trustworthy. In just a few months he’ll be starting college, and it’s time for him to admit the truth: he’s gay, not bi, and only one of his old friends holds any kind of real interest for him. When Dylan Finch, aka Mig, follows his lead and puts some distance between himself and the old crowd, he and Jess give in to a mutual attraction that’s been building for years.
But navigating a fledgling relationship isn’t easy for beginners, and forces they can’t seem to control keep tripping them up: sexual appetite, personal insecurities, fear of discovery, and more. They need clarity. They need courage. Just as they’re on the verge of finding both, a vindictive act of jealousy sends one of them to jail. All their hard-won victories are in danger of falling to dust. And the only way to save what they have is to recognize it for what it is… and fight for its integrity.
Excerpt (scroll down and expand)
M/M Romances Also Available
- Obsessed â€“ Changeling Press
- Bastards and Pretty Boys, InDescent, To Be Where You Are, and Fugly – Liquid Silver Books
- The Utopia-X series, Mobryâ€™s Dick, and Electric Melty Tingles â€“ Loose Id
- Jude in Chains, The Prayer Waltz, Mongrel, precious_boy, Visible Friend, & Abercrombie Zombie – Dreamspinner Press
KZ Snow has published over thirty shorts, novellas, and novels in a variety of genres and with a variety of publishers, including Loose Id, Dreamspinner Press, Elloraâ€™s Cave, Cerridwen Press, Liquid Silver Books, Changeling Press, and Samhain Publishing (under a different name). At the urging of two headstrong characters, she began writing m/m romance about five years ago and fell in love with it. Her work has since been exclusively in that genre.
She lives with one human and two canine companions in rural Wisconsin.
- To enter, leave a comment stating that you are entering the contest. Contest closes 7 pm CDT, Thursday, October 13. (More or less â€“ Iâ€™ll be on vacation, so if you can still leave a comment on this post, you can still enter the contest.)
- By entering the contest, youâ€™re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- If you havenâ€™t commented before, your comment will not be visible until after I moderate it. Please do not leave a second comment because your first doesnâ€™t show up! The blog gnomes will decide your comments are spam and then only luck and ritual dust bunny sacrifice will salvage your entryâ€¦
- If your comment is actually an advertisement or if your CommentLuv link turns it into an advertisement, your comment will be deleted. (Most of you do not need to worry â€“ this refers to some pretty clever comment spam.)
- Winners will be selected by random number.
- You must leave a valid email address in the â€œEmailâ€ portion of the comment form.
- Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from stumblingoverchaos.com!
- If a winner doesnâ€™t respond to my congratulations email within 48 hours, I will select another winner.
- If you win, please respect the authorâ€™s intellectual property and donâ€™t make copies of the ebook for anyone else.
- This contest is open worldwide!
“Ok, May, I’ll jump on the air conditioner, which will scare the bird so it flies inside. Then you catch it. Got it?” -Chaos
“Got it, big kitty!” -Mayhem