Many thanks to Clare London for donating an ebook copy of her forthcoming m/m romance, How the Other Half Lives, for a lucky commenter to win! How the Other Half Lives will be released by Amber Allure on February 6.
Martin Harrison keeps himself to himself and his flat as neat as a new pin. His friends want him to loosen up and enjoy more of a social life, but in Martin’s mind, that’s tantamount to opening the floodgates to emotional chaos. However, he agrees to join the flat-sitting scheme in his building. He’ll look after another tenant’s flat in exchange for a similar watch over his, when he’s traveling with his work as an antiques dealer.
A floor away in the same building, Russ McNeely is happy with his life as a freelance cook and a self-confessed domestic slob. His best friend Don persuades him to join the flat-sitting scheme, both to be neighborly and to help keep his flat in order, as Russ also travels with his work.
For a while, the very dissimilar men never actually meet. Martin is horrified at the mess at Russ’ flat, while Russ finds Martin’s minimalist style creepy. But in a spirit of generosity, each of them starts to help the other out by rearranging things in their own inimitable way. Gradually, the changes extend beyond interior decoration and into the habits of the men themselves.
Until the day a hiccup in the schedule brings them face to face at last.
Clare took the pen name London from the city where she lives, loves, and writes. A lone, brave female in a frenetic, testosterone-fueled family home, she juggles her writing with the weekly wash, waiting for the far distant day when she can afford to give up her day job as an accountant. Sheâ€™s written in many genres and across many settings, with novels and short stories published both online and in print. She says she likes variety in her writing while friends say sheâ€™s just fickle, but as long as both theories spawn good fiction, sheâ€™s happy. Most of her work features male/male romance and drama with a healthy serving of physical passion, as she enjoys both reading and writing about strong, sympathetic and sexy characters.
Clare currently has several novels sulking at that tricky chapter 3 stage and plenty of other projects in mindâ€¦ she just has to find out where she left them in that frenetic, testosterone-fueled family home.
All the details and free fiction are available at her website. Visit her today and say hello!
- To enter, leave a comment stating that you are entering the contest. Contest closes 7 pm CST, Friday, February 4.
- If you havenâ€™t commented before, your comment will not be visible until after I moderate it. Please do not leave a second comment because your first doesnâ€™t show up! The blog gnomes will decide your comments are spam and then only ritual dust bunny sacrifice will salvage your entryâ€¦
- If your comment is actually an advertisement or if your CommentLuv link turns it into an advertisement, your comment will be deleted. (Most of you do not need to worry â€“ this refers to some pretty clever comment spam.)
- Winners will be selected by random number.
- You must leave a valid email address in the â€œEmailâ€ portion of the comment form.
- Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from stumblingoverchaos.com!
- If a winner doesnâ€™t respond to my congratulations email within 48 hours, I will select another winner.
- If you win, please respect the authorâ€™s intellectual property and donâ€™t make copies of the ebook for anyone else.
- This contest is open worldwide!
“I am soooooooo going to get you for taking that photo, Mom.” -Chaos