- Today’s song from the Chris playlist: “Minneapolis” by Mark Mallman.
- Chaos’ favorite toy at the moment is… a leaf of romaine lettuce. Please let me remember to find it before it starts to rot under the couch…
- My absolute favorite gluten-free, dairy-free bread for toast is Kinnikinnick Sunflower Flax Rice Bread, which isn’t carried in my area anymore… but I can order 10 loaves of it shipped overnight from Kinnickinnick Foods in Canada for less per loaf than I was buying it for locally. *blink blink*
- Joyfully Jay is giving away an ebook copy of The Mingled Destinies of Crocodiles and Men by Eric Arvin. Closes 11:59 pm EDT, May 5.
- Joyfully Jay is also giving away an ebook copy of Until Forever Comes by Cardeno C. Closes 11:50 pm EDT, May 15.
- New releases and more: Rarely Dusty Books (m/m romance), Elisa Rolle (LGBT), Tor.com (fantasy, UF, genre benders, scifi), and Fiction Vixen (romance, UF).
- CheapRiver searches the various international iterations of Amazon to find you the best price for paper books.
Think, Learn, Do, Make
- I had no idea about “America’s growing hummus addiction”… nor that sriracha wasn’t introduced in the US until the 1980s. (via The Kitchn)
- Apparently, ground turkey is less likely to contain drug-resistant bacteria when it’s from antibiotic-free turkeys.
- If there’s not enough procrastination in this linkity post for you, mental_floss has more ideas.
- Ice chandeliering on the shore of Medicine Lake (right by where I work).
Cool or Wha…?
- I am strangely unsurprised that this meat/cheese/Bloody Mary spectacle can be found in Wisconsin.
- Kittens! Kittens! Kittens! Kittens! Kittens! Lioness and baby! Tiger and baby! Cheetah and baby! Black jaguar! Tiger and baby! Kitten! Baby lions! Kittens! Baby tiger! Baby wolf! Black kitten! Porcupette! Kitten!
- Look! Up in the sky!
“Don’t make me any crabbier. You won’t like it when I’m crabbier.” -Chaos