Congrats to Paula S, who won Soul Magic (Triad #3) by Poppy Dennison! Soul Magic will be released by Dreamspinner Press on May 6.
Congrats to Dianna, who wonÂ A Sticky Wicket in BollywoodÂ by Devon Rhodes andÂ TA Chase!Â A Sticky Wicket in Bollywood will be released by Total-E-Bound on May 6.
- Today’s song from the Chris playlist: “Minneapolis” by Mark Mallman.
- Chaos’ favorite toy at the moment is… a leaf of romaine lettuce. Please let me remember to find it before it starts to rot under the couch…
- My absolute favorite gluten-free, dairy-free bread for toast is Kinnikinnick Sunflower Flax Rice Bread, which isn’t carried in my area anymore… but IÂ can order 10 loaves of it shipped overnight from Kinnickinnick Foods in Canada for less per loaf than I was buying it for locally. *blink blink*
- Joyfully Jay is giving away an ebook copy of The Mingled Destinies of Crocodiles and Men by Eric Arvin. Closes 11:59 pm EDT, May 5.
- Joyfully Jay is also giving away an ebook copy of Until Forever Comes by Cardeno C. Closes 11:50 pm EDT, May 15.
- New releases and more: Rarely Dusty Books (m/m romance), Elisa Rolle (LGBT), Tor.com (fantasy, UF, genre benders, scifi), and Fiction Vixen (romance, UF).
- Book and publishing news from Dear Author.
- CheapRiver searches the various international iterations of Amazon to find you the best price for paper books.
Think, Learn, Do, Make
- I had no idea about “America’s growing hummus addiction”… nor that sriracha wasn’t introduced in the US until the 1980s. (via The Kitchn)
- Apparently, ground turkey is less likely to contain drug-resistant bacteria when it’s from antibiotic-free turkeys.
- If there’s not enough procrastination in this linkity post for you, mental_floss has more ideas.
- Oaxacan cinnamon chocolate macaraoons. (Thanks, Margene!)
- Knit a simple tote bag. (via CRAFT)
- Ice chandeliering on the shore of Medicine Lake (right by where I work).
Cool or Wha…?
- I am strangely unsurprised that this meat/cheese/Bloody Mary spectacle can be found in Wisconsin.
- A giant head was found in the Hudson River. (via Tor.com)
- Kittens! Kittens! Kittens! Kittens! Kittens! Lioness and baby! Tiger and baby! Cheetah and baby! Black jaguar! Tiger and baby! Kitten! Baby lions! Kittens! Baby tiger! Baby wolf! Black kitten! Porcupette! Kitten!
- Look! Up in the sky!
“Don’t make me any crabbier. You won’t like it when I’m crabbier.” -Chaos
12 thoughts on “Linkity demands green growing things”
I want that binder clip bag. And green growing things.
A recent post from Mary Lou..Spring and Short Rows
I’m Chaos right now, looking forward to linkity, it has been one Hell of a crappy week
Got mugged Wednesday (am OK) and had to put a dog to sleep yesterday (am not so OK), I need an escape for a while
Majken: *BIG HUG*
I’m glad you’re ok, and I’m so so so sorry about your dog. 🙁
My cat name is Sir Fluffy McMittens. 😀
Also, did you WATCH the first game in the Pens/Islanders series? Holy FUCK. Just…hope they can keep that momentum going! Also, how freaking ADORABLE is Beau Bennett? I read an article about him — apparently his nickname with the team is “Sunshine”…
Aren’t you always at your crabbiest best, Chaos? One would think you are rarely the nice guy.
A recent post from margene..Socked
but does your freezer have room for 10 loaves of bread? I have 3 freezers (3 “teenagers” and 1 large man to feed) and don’t think I could store that much bread…
A recent post from cursingmama..Coincidence? Someone must have been playing Lambchop today. #furrykid #doglovestoys
Thanks again for the great set of links! I’m again appalled by the behavior of a famous author who, through antics like this, becomes infamous. It’s spoiled child behavior and I hope she’ll be called out by more on it.
Have a great weekend Chris! I’ll be seeing Iron Man 3 tomorrow so that will be the highlight of my weekend.
A recent post from Joder..Book Tour for Love Me For Me by Kate Laurens (Review)
Hmph! There’re people who come into my place of work who are wearing shirts that haven’t been washed in 100 days. 🙁
Romaine lettuce? He is almost as odd as Tamyra.
Thanks for the link about Tor Books, will definitely check them out properly.
Yippeee! It is hug your cat day today!
I did like the SW Chinese folklore paintings 🙂
I am strangely unsurprised that anything weird is from Wisconsin.
A recent post from Cheryl S…Cheers!
I loved War for the Oaks when I read it — it took me back to younger, single days when my friends and I would roam the city in the wee hours, skinny dipping at the hidden beach on Cedar Lake and people-watching at the Embers on 26th & Hennepin.
As a transplanted Wisconsinite, I feel that Bloody Mary concoction is missing an important Wisconsin icon: beer.
A recent post from kmkat..Waiting for Godot.