- Today’s song from the Chris playlist: “Minneapolis” by Mark Mallman.
- Chaos’ favorite toy at the moment is… a leaf of romaine lettuce. Please let me remember to find it before it starts to rot under the couch…
- My absolute favorite gluten-free, dairy-free bread for toast is Kinnikinnick Sunflower Flax Rice Bread, which isn’t carried in my area anymore… but IÂ can order 10 loaves of it shipped overnight from Kinnickinnick Foods in Canada for less per loaf than I was buying it for locally. *blink blink*
- Joyfully Jay is giving away an ebook copy of The Mingled Destinies of Crocodiles and Men by Eric Arvin. Closes 11:59 pm EDT, May 5.
- Joyfully Jay is also giving away an ebook copy of Until Forever Comes by Cardeno C. Closes 11:50 pm EDT, May 15.
- New releases and more: Rarely Dusty Books (m/m romance), Elisa Rolle (LGBT), Tor.com (fantasy, UF, genre benders, scifi), and Fiction Vixen (romance, UF).
- CheapRiver searches the various international iterations of Amazon to find you the best price for paper books.
Think, Learn, Do, Make
- I had no idea about “America’s growing hummus addiction”… nor that sriracha wasn’t introduced in the US until the 1980s. (via The Kitchn)
- Apparently, ground turkey is less likely to contain drug-resistant bacteria when it’s from antibiotic-free turkeys.
- If there’s not enough procrastination in this linkity post for you, mental_floss has more ideas.
- Ice chandeliering on the shore of Medicine Lake (right by where I work).
Cool or Wha…?
- I am strangely unsurprised that this meat/cheese/Bloody Mary spectacle can be found in Wisconsin.
- Kittens! Kittens! Kittens! Kittens! Kittens! Lioness and baby! Tiger and baby! Cheetah and baby! Black jaguar! Tiger and baby! Kitten! Baby lions! Kittens! Baby tiger! Baby wolf! Black kitten! Porcupette! Kitten!
- Look! Up in the sky!
“Don’t make me any crabbier. You won’t like it when I’m crabbier.” -Chaos