- Becky Black’s giving away a print copy of Higher Ground. Closes 9 am BST, April 6.
- The Armchair Reader’s giving away an ebook copy of an Anna Marie May title. Closes April 8, midnight CDT.
- Blodeuedd’s giving away a copy of Rev It Up by Julie Ann Walker. Closes April 13. US & Canada.
- Piper Vaughn’s giving away a backlist ebook title, a $10 Fandango gift card, and a $10 Amazon/ARe/B&N gift card. Make sure you read the rules for entering the contest! Closes 9 pm CDT, April 14.
- The Armchair Reader’s also giving away an ebook copy of Play Me, I’m Yours by Madison Parker (or a $10 Rainbow eBooks gift certificate). Winners chosen April 23.
- Lillian Francis is giving away an ebook from her backlist as part of the April Autism Awareness Blog Hop.
- New releases and more: Rarely Dusty Books (m/m romance), Elisa Rolle (LGBT), Tor.com (PNR), Literary Escapism (UF/PNR), and Fiction Vixen (romance).
- Just in case you missed it, Amazon’s buying Goodreads. VacuousMinx wonders about the implications of Amaon acquiring Goodreads. Some thoughts from AAR on Amazon purchasing Goodreads. Dear Author reviews some Goodreads alternatives. Comparing Goodreads and LibraryThing. Six alternatives to Goodreads.
- Huh. Bookshelf vase.
Think, Learn, Do, Make
- Kids can learn about electronics at Circuit Playground. (Snap Circuits are a cool way to do that, too.)
- “How hard would a puck have to be shot to be able to knock the goalie himself backwards into the net?“
Cool or Wha…?
- Doodads to make your keys look like little chainsaws. (Hey, it’s Minnesota – my brother’s cell phone ringtone is a chainsaw…)
- The Dog Dicer. (Not gory! It’s for hot dogs…)
- Streets of London sink. (All I can think when I see it is “cleaning nightmare”.)
- Kittens! Baby lions! Kittens! Kitten! Wolf and baby! Kittens! Kittens! Kittens! Kittens! Lioness and babies! Baby tiger! Baby clouded leopards! Baby otter!
- O hai!
“I am very worried about the possibility of my dinner being late and I really don’t see how having just eaten breakfast is relevant to that concern.” -Chaos