Although Ben acts like he lives to be the center of the party, nothing could be further from the truth. Insecure and feeling like a failure because he became a nurse instead of a doctor like his grandfather, Ben constantly fights depression. One night he goes out to a seedy bar to drink away his woes, only to become the victim of an assault. Luck is finally with him, however, because a handsome stranger intervenes and saves Ben.
Danny loves his job as a cop for the city of Pontiac…or at least he used to. Now the never ending politics and budget cuts make him wonder if he should move somewhere else. After he saves Ben, Danny finds all kinds of reasons to stay. But every time he tries to get closer to Ben, the nurse pulls back. Will Danny ever discover why Ben is running away? And if he does, will that reason bring them closer or keep them apart?
Also by Stephani
- Drone Vampire Chronicles
- Lost Shifter Series
- The Blue Line Hockey Series
- EMS Heat Series
- Friends-to-Lovers Series
- The Cob Brothers Series (with Amber Kell)
- The Night Wardens Series
- Amber Allure books
- Total-E-Bound books
- Other books
Stephani Hecht is a happily married mother of two. Born and raised in Michigan, she loves all things about the state, from the frigid winters to the Detroit Red Wings hockey team. Go Wings! You can usually find her snuggled up to her laptop, creating her next book or gorging on caffeine at her favorite coffee shop.
When sheâ€™s not running around like crazy, trying to get her kids to their various activities, sheâ€™s working on numerous projects.
- To enter, leave a comment stating that you are entering the contest. Contest closes 7 pm CST, Friday, December 30.
- By entering the contest, youâ€™re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- If you havenâ€™t commented before, your comment will not be visible until after I moderate it. Please do not leave a second comment because your first doesnâ€™t show up! The blog gnomes will decide your comments are spam and then only ritual dust bunny sacrifice will salvage your entryâ€¦
- If your comment is actually an advertisement or if your CommentLuv link turns it into an advertisement, your comment will be deleted. (Most of you do not need to worry â€“ this refers to some pretty clever comment spam.)
- Winners will be selected by random number.
- You must leave a valid email address in the â€œEmailâ€ portion of the comment form.
- Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from stumblingoverchaos.com!
- If a winner doesnâ€™t respond to my congratulations email within 48 hours, I will select another winner.
- If you win, please respect the authorâ€™s intellectual property and donâ€™t make copies of the ebook for anyone else.
- This contest is open worldwide!
“Anything good in there, May?” -Chaos
“Alas, no, big kitty. It’s empty. Woe is we!” -Mayhem