- New releases: Fiction Vixen (romance), Smart Bitches (romance), Tor.com (genre benders, sci fi), and Dear Author (romance)
- Book and publishing news from Dear Author.
- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Linkity from Sunita.
- Linkity from Inkophile.
- “Zen and the art of fountain pen maintenance“.
- For those who have trouble actually using their “nice” notebooks…
- “5 science fiction novels about sheep“. (How could they skip the delightful Bellwether by Connie Willis?!)
- Animated history of the book.
- “Unrest in the lexicography fandom“.
- “I went to a bibliotherapist and this is what happened“.
Do, Learn, Make, Think
- Learn how North America was shaped.
- “10 things an autistic person wants you to know“.
- “A crash course in asexuality, for non-aces“.
- “Toyota has a patent for a rear-engined flying car with a shapeshifting body and yet the bastards are still building Camrys“.
- “Thanks to adult coloring books, there’s a global pencil shortage“.
- Tour the new LEGO headquarters virtually.
- Cephalopod infographic.
- How to mind map.
- “What causes/relieves stress: NT types“. (via itsdefinitelyametaphor) (It fit really well for INTJs at least.)
- Linkity from Hockey in Society.
- 25 quick summer vegetable dishes.
- 12 eggplant recipes.
- Corn salad.
- Fish tacos with rhubarb-pineapple salsa.
- Strawberry shortcake in a mug.
- Muffin-tin ice cream cakes.
- That is a very good question about the person naming those yarn colors…
- Knitting linkity from kmkat.
- Knitting linkity from knittyBlog.
- European castles.
- Minneapolis from above.
- Knitted dragon.
- July is the first World Watercolor Month.
- Miniature remake of The Shining.
- “5 things that are harder than registering to vote” as demonstrated by President Obama.
- Maybe cats don’t think of humans as large stupid kittens…
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- Autocorrect meets laundry.
- Your Presidential campaign slogan… Mine’s way at the bottom. 🙂
- Brexit summarized in a single tweet.
- Home itch remedies. (Hover cursor/long-press for additional text.)
- A very funny post about emus.
- “Watch this detailed review before you decide to get a cat“.
Eco Books: Inventive Projects from the Recycling Bin by Terry Taylor. This has some very clever and unusual projects in it, including making books from old cassette tapes, egg cartons, and mouse pads. Not sure how well a beginner would do with some of the binding instructions, though. And I think that a book about using unusual and extremely non-archival materials should at least mention paper acidity.
“Just passing through, following the sunbeams!!” -Mayhem