- New releases: Fiction Vixen (romance) and Dear Author (romance)
- Book and publishing news from Dear Author.
- Writing linkity from Becky Black.
- Blodeuedd on “[t]he art of DNF”.
- Making a book from scratch.
- 40 “w” words.
- A blood-sucking leech has been named in honor of Amy Tan.
- Wheel of Time bookcase.
- Wintery book promotion.
- Vellichor. (via journaling-junkie)
Do, Make, Think, Learn
- I have no idea where to put this, actually. But hey, cabin fever is totally a thing.
- How to bullet journal. (via journaling-junkie)
- “Cancer and climate change“. (via colchrishadfield)
- “The science of internet trolls“.
- Stupid cedars. I was so sick with asthma and bronchitis for the few months I lived in Texas. Ugh.
- There’s maybe a ninth (non-Pluto) planet.
- The first flower in space… did not bloom this week. It bloomed in 1971. But hey! This was the first zinnia in space.
- How astronauts make coffee in space.
- What if… all of the sun’s visible light was beamed at the earth in a one-meter beam?
- What if… a 2000 Jetta tried to re-enter the atmosphere?
- De-seed a pomegranate using a salad spinner.
- “Trick a guard box-protected thermostat into warming up the office“.
- Bad passwords of 2015.
- Oh oh – “[a]ccording to IKEA, we’ve hit ‘peak home furnishings'”.
- Quinoa bowl with kung pao edamame.
- Mini polenta grilled cheese bites with marinara.
- Pizza waffles.
- Thai turkey meatballs.
- Collard green chicken salad wraps.
- 15 salmon recipes.
- 20 lentil dinner recipes.
- 5 three-ingredient bean dip recipes.
- 10 skillet breakfast recipes.
- 15 tofu recipes.
- 12 recipes for slightly salty sweets.
- Spiked maple-bacon popcorn.
- Salted dark chocolate peanut butter cookies. (via stars-benn)
- Peanut butter chocolate latte. (via stars-benn)
- 8 forgotten pie recipes. That first one! Buttermilk pie. My family has made that one since I was a kid – I’ve even made a gluten-free version. It’s delicious, but so rich it’ll about kill you.
- Chicken fajita bubble bake.
- Italian flatbread with roasted vegetables.
- Pesto pasta and vegetable toss.
- Vegetarian mulligatawny detox soup.
- Starbucks-style iced lemon pound cake.
- “The ultimate guide to naturally gluten-free recipes“.
- Webpage where you can design a circular (colorwork) yoke sweater.
- Adding two-color pinstriping to your knitting.
- Knitting linkity from kmkat.
- Icy Minnehaha Falls.
- Guardians of the water supply.
- Sidney Crosby coloring page. (John Tavares also available.)
- Moving short Star Wars fan film.
- 30-minute LEGO version of the first Ghostbusters movie.
- 10 films from the Sundance Film Festival that you can stream.
- Short film about an astronaut and a cave man. (No, it’s not 2001…)
- LEGO model of the Titanic breaking in half.
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- Music composed for cats. By scientists. (The link to the sample music in the article doesn’t work – use this instead.) (via malkinisms)
- Cinnamon Bun Oreos.
- Dude, that’s not a little lake.
- Bourbon infused with peanut butter and raspberry jam. (via gilajames)
- High-heel shoe shaped church in Taiwan, hoping “to attract female worshippers”.
- Weapons confiscated by the TSA in 2015.
- Bathing in glass putty.
- “Coca-Cola, Pepsi once again fund a study claiming diet soda is better for you than water“.
- Jellybean ICK.
Alphabetica: An A-Z Creativity Guide for Collage and Book Artists by Lynne Perrella. I was hoping this would be inspiring, but mostly it was annoying. The first part of the book showcased various pages from the collaborative art journal project, in no discernible order, but definitely not in alphabetical order: letters were used multiple times (and possibly not at all – I couldn’t be bothered to confirm this bit). The second part of the book featured very short descriptions from each artist about how they worked on their parts.
How can he breathe?!