Many thanks to Val Kovalin for donating an ebook copy of her forthcoming paranormal m/m romance, Call and Answer, for a lucky commenter to win! Call and Answer will be released on March 27 by Amber Allure.
Small-town Louisiana in 1959 is a dangerous place to have a gay affair. But Henri can’t help his instant attraction to Gabriel, a handsome black musician who accepts his advances with amused tolerance. Henri hopes for a summer of hot, uncomplicated sex before he leaves for college. He doesn’t realize that Gabriel is a powerful shapeshifter who also lives as an alligator in the bayou.
When Henri first sees Gabriel transform into an alligator, he mistakes him for the Devil. Then he learns that Gabriel exists to raise power through sex-magic. For that, Gabriel needs a human lover. In the past, some lovers have helped Gabriel spend the power for the good of the land, and others have squandered it for personal gain. What will Henri do – given that he never wanted to be a magic-wielder in the first place?
As his summer romance with Gabriel deepens into passionate love, Henri must learn to face responsibility as he encounters prejudice, family feuds, and startling glimpses into the underworlds of New Orleans and Baton Rouge. Can he persuade Gabriel to take a chance on a future with him?
Excerpt (scroll down – below the blurb)
I started by reviewing m/m gay romance fiction, which led me to writing it, but I’m definitely a reader at heart. I love analyzing fiction, which makes reviewing a favorite hobby. I review with Reviews by Jessewave and for the All Romance Ebooks newsletter. I publish m/m fiction with Loose Id and Amber Allure. As a reviewer, I know not every reader likes every book, so I’m okay with negative reactions to my work. I like humor, strong plots, and complicated characters, and hope to offer you the same. I also like miniatures, minimalism, unusual junk, and animals of all sizes, especially reptiles. Thanks for reading!
- To enter, leave a comment stating that you are entering the contest. Contest closes 7 pm CDT, Monday, March 28.
- By entering the contest, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- If you haven’t commented before, your comment will not be visible until after I moderate it. Please do not leave a second comment because your first doesn’t show up! The blog gnomes will decide your comments are spam and then only ritual dust bunny sacrifice will salvage your entry…
- If your comment is actually an advertisement or if your CommentLuv link turns it into an advertisement, your comment will be deleted. (Most of you do not need to worry – this refers to some pretty clever comment spam.)
- Winners will be selected by random number.
- You must leave a valid email address in the “Email” portion of the comment form.
- Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from stumblingoverchaos.com!
- If a winner doesn’t respond to my congratulations email within 48 hours, I will select another winner.
- If you win, please respect the author’s intellectual property and don’t make copies of the ebook for anyone else.
- This contest is open worldwide!
“Hmm. How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?” -Chaos