- New releases: Fiction Vixen (romance), Dear Author (romance), Smart Bitches (romance), and Gizmodo (scifi/fantasy)
- Book and publishing news from Dear Author.
- 40 “L” words.
- Paperback Writer reviews a coloring book.
- David Malki takes on supernatural collective nouns. (via itstartledme)
- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Cover snark from Smart Bitches.
- Think twice before you click on this link to wtfbadromancecovers’ find of Tentacles of Trump…
Think, Learn, Make, Do
- Ride along on the Iditarod with Google Street View.
- What would happen if you tried to funnel Niagara Falls through a straw?
- “You don’t have to be in a relationship.”
- 25 tidbits about Wisconsin.
- “The science behind why it hurts so much to step on a LEGO“.
- Wil Wheaton’s impact on board game sales.
- California wildfires up close.
- Unusual March holidays.
- “How to move to Canada if Trump wins, by a person who moved to Canada when Bush won“.
- A study about driving while distracted had some predictable and some surprising results.
- “The uterus: A natural history“.
- 15 breakfast-for-dinner recipes.
- 23 slow-cooker dinner recipes.
- 15 salads that are light on the greens.
- Slow-cooker pork vindaloo.
- Slow-cooker lemon dal.
- Reasons artists keep visual journals. (via journal-addicted)
- Comparing watercolor brushes and waterbrushes.
- Trailer for a movie about Vincent van Gogh, animated from oil paintings.
- If medieval cartographers mapped Mars…
- “24 rare photos from Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood“.
- Lovely video about the sky.
- LEGO marble maze.
- Working LEGO model of the Earth, Moon, and Sun.
Cool or Wha…?
- LEGO butterfly knife.
- Easily turn sticks of butter into buttery spray.
- The Star Wars “Imperial March” in major key.
- Supercut of films that break the fourth wall.
- I’m not sure I want to know how much I’ve spent on Amazon since I joined…
- Pac-Man glass that changes colors.
- You could be a cat nanny.
- If famous scientists had “special moves”…
- Trying to figure out what to say about a baby. (Hover cursor/longpress for additional text.)
- If each fluid produced/consumed in the US was carried by a single pipe. (Hover cursor/longpress for additional text.)
- Well, when you put it that way…
Adventures in Bookbinding: Hand Crafting Mixed-Media Books by Jeannine Stein. I enjoyed seeing some of the unusual techniques the author used to create these books. And I thought it was cool/clever that, for each book, the author provided regular directions, shortcut directions, and “master” directions.
“Is this all there is to life?” -Mayhem