Why do I always forget that lidocaine injections leave me feeling spacey and exhausted a few hours later?! Ugh. I had four “suspicious looking” moles removed earlier today and I am fading fast now… (I’ll find out in about a week if they were more than suspicious looking.) *yawning*
There won’t be any linkity at all next week, as I’ll be in Cleveland for work most of the week…
- New releases: Fiction Vixen (romance) and Dear Author (romance)
- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Linkity from Inkophile.
- 11 websites with free audiobooks.
- 11 mugs for scifi/fantasy readers.
- “These 50 American slang words are in danger of disappearing“. (via mental-floss)
Think, Make, Do, Learn
- Some women in history.
- “The 20 happiest states in America“.
- xkcd’s Earth temperature timeline. (Hover cursor/long press for additional text.)
- Sheet pan sweet potatoes and black bean hash.
- Sheet pan honey-sesame tofu and green beans.
- Cheesy lentil, mushroom, and rice bake.
- 21 inexpensive recipes with rice.
- Muffin pan spinach lasagna.
- Salted toffee cookie bars. (via jedi-seagull)
- Strawberry cheesecake stuffed pound cake. (via stars-benn)
- There was much more to the Diva’s performance in The Fifth Element – now you can see (and hear) it all!
- A really excellent short Harry Potter story that would’ve ended the series much, much sooner.
- X-Files bloopers.
- Linkity from kmkat.
Cool or Wha…?
- Definitely deflate your giant inflatable moon if there’s a typhoon in the forecast.
- Pumpkin spice latte beer.
- Huge, dynamic e-ink screens on semi trucks won’t be distracting at all, I’m sure.
- “Artist builds working swing on a BART train.” Um.
- Life-sized octopus bag.
- State fair-themed restaurant to be added to a Walmart in Texas.
- There’s a You Tube channel where you can watch paint dry.
- Have I done this one before?! How the other species in the Federation view probably humans. (This is much easier to read in the Tumblr mobile app, I must say.)
- How to adult.
- Products for fragile masculinity.
- Expectations vs reality.
- Ways cats express love…
- Autocorrect and morning coffee.
- xkcd on the solar spectrum. (Hover cursor/long press for additional text.)
- A possibly NSFW Cake Wrecks.
Muse and Reverie by Charles de Lint. Another solid collection of Newford short stories, set before Widdershins.
The Blue Girl by Charles de Lint. I’m not a big YA fan, even for a Newford book. It wasn’t a bad book! And I did enjoy the tiny cameos and mentions of a few of the established Newford folks.
“Was that a bird I heard?!??” -Mayhem