- New releases: Tor.com (YA SFF, scifi, fantasy)
- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Linkity from the Pen Addict.
- How to make a zine.
- The history of black scifi. The Mary Sue on black scifi.
- Poetry performed by poets of color.
- “The psychology of a book hangover”.
Think, Make, Learn, Do
- “Jefferson portrait recreated by his sixth great-grandson”. (via agnesandcecilia)
- Harris hawks.
- Jacana (brace yourselves; possibly should go in Wha…?).
- Citizen science projects you can participate in.
- “Learn the difference between ‘loneliness’ and ‘being alone'”.
- Ten-year timelapse of the sun.
- My musings on Generation X.
- “How to respond to common racist statements”.
- “The appropriately named CAREN Act would make racist 911 calls a crime”.
- Learn more about Black history.
Life in These Pandemic Times
- “What you say vs what I hear: COVID-19 edition”.
- “Disney World’s new ‘Welcome Back’ video looks like a bad coronavirus satire”.
- “As an American, you have a right to not wear a mask…”
- Maybe this is a repeat. I don’t care! I can’t believe it, either.
- “The importance of pandemic diaries”.
- “Bill Nye is just as done with anti-mask nonsense as the rest of us”.
- “Even mild COVID-19 can sometimes cause hallucinations and other brain problems”.
- “30 easy recipes that start with brown rice”.
- 35 easy slow cooker chicken dinners.
- One-pot coconut-cilantro rice with chicken.
- Mediterranean spaghetti squash shrimp, olives, and feta.
- “Take a virtual drive in a Mars rover”.
- Linkity from BookWyrmKnits. And even more linkity from BookWyrmKnits!
Cool or Wha…?
- Crocheted (and very patriotic for every country whose colors are red, white, and blue) granny stripe shorts.
You Can’t Touch My Hair and Other Things I Still Have to Explain by Phoebe Robinson. Gave myself a bit of whiplash, starting this right after Me and White Supremacy and White Fragility, but it was good to take a break with a lighter look at heavy issues.