The insurance company now owns the remains of my old car. I now own a new-to-me car and will pick it up today, when I’ll deal with a few final related things. I’m hoping things will be back to normal next week. Here’s some brief linkity, in roughly the order it would be in if there were headings and all. 🙂
- “The LA gas leak has been temporarily plugged“.
- No surprise to anyone with calico cats, but “multicolored cats might be more aggressive than other cats“.
- Would it be possible to use moonlight and a magnifying glass to start a fire?
- Free coloring book of patent drawings from the National Archives of America.
- Watch an Oscar-nominated animated short.
- Vegan gluten-free double chocolate muffins.
- Flourless chocolate peanut butter breakfast cookies.
- Knitting linkity and linkity linkity from kmkat.
- LEGO paper airplane factory.
- What if movies ended at their “title drop”?
- Unusual slippers.
- Caffeine bracelet.
- “7 more things that should never be on cake“.
- The essential truth of cat ownership.
- xkcd on recipes. Hover cursor/long-press for additional text.
- Baby tiger! Kittens! Tiger and babies!
Book Play: Creative Adventures in Handmade Books by Margaret Couch Cogswell. This book starts with a very thorough overview of materials and techniques, then moves on to making a few basic books before finishing up with some unusual and creative interpretations of the book form. Definitely a good reference book.
Paint Mojo – A Mixed-Media Workshop: Creative Layering Techniques for Personal Expression by Tracy Verdugo. It was ok. I think. I skimmed a lot. Here it is, six days later, and I remember pretty much nothing about this book. D’oh.
*contemplating his diabolical plans for world domination… after he figures out how to get the lock on the kitty food pantry cupboard open*