- Armchair Reader Cole is giving away an ebook copy Incendiary (Wolf’s Own #4) by Carole Cummings (or various combinations of the series books if you haven’t read any of them). Contest closes 10 pm CDT, June 22 (aka today).
- Tracy’s got all sorts of ebook contests this week: Dragon Dancer by Julie Korzenko (closes 7 pm PDT, June 22); Biting Me Softly or Bite of Silence by Mary Hughes (closes by June 24th); A Forever Kind of Guy (The Braddock Brotherhood #2) by Barbara Meyers (closes 7 pm PDT, June 25); Zero Gravity Outcasts by Kay Keppler (closes 7 pm PDT, June 27).
- Joyfully Jay is giving away an ebook copy of Lucius’ Bite (Family of Misfits #1) by K-Lee Klein. Contest closes 11:59 pm EDT, June 24.
- Joder’s giving away an ebook copy of Dead or Alive by LJ Garland. Contest closes 11:59 pm CDT, June 24.
- Joder’s also giving away an ebook copy of Hounded by Sadie Hart. Contest closes 11:59 pm CDT, June 26.
- New releases and more: Literary Escapism (UF/PNR), Book Lovers Inc (romance etc), and Fiction Vixen (romance).
- Jenre with a blogger’s perspective on blog tours and hops – make sure you read the comments.
- If you ever purchased ebooks from The Book Depository’s ebookstore (my first thought was, “TBD had an ebookstore?!”), you need to download them by the end of June, as the servers will be shut down on July 1.
- VacuousMinx has the best post titles: “When I bought your book, I didn’t sign up to be your beta reader.”
- “To pirate or not to pirate: Convenience vs compensation in the internet age.” Related post from Consumerist.
Think, Make, Learn, Do
- A recent study may have discovered one of reasons gay male genes haven’t driven themselves to extinction. (Thanks, Jase!)
- Extremely thoughtful and informative post by the Yarn Harlot on the trademark kerfuffle at Ravelry. (Thanks, Jeanne!)
- A New York City comic book shop celebrated an X-Men gay wedding with a real one. 🙂 (via The Mary Sue)
Cool or Wha…?
- Black kitten! Egret! Kitten! Lioness and baby! Lioness and baby! Lioness and babies! Swan and cygnet! Baby tiger! Baby tiger in Minnesota! Kitten! Baby tapir! Baby dik-dik! Puggles! Skunk! Baby leopard! Baby fennec (or baby Yoda?!)! Otters! Cygnet! Baby cheetah! Baby red panda! Penguin and baby! Baby tawny frogmouth! Kitten! Baby fishing cats! Red panda and baby! Moose and baby!
Tatterdemalion (Foundations of Magic #1) by Anah Crow & Dianne Fox. ebook. Very good paranormal m/m romance about a young mage who’s been imprisoned and experimented on until he manages to break free, then is rescued by a man who isn’t exactly human… I wish there’d been a bit more backstory and am very glad that I have the sequel queued up to read.
Trammel (Foundations of Magic #2) by Anah Crow & Dianne Fox. ebook. Very good paranormal m/m romance in which Lindsay is given an emotionally damaged fire mage to train as all of Cyrus’ people focus on trying to keep a newly aware mage out of enemy hands. While this is definitely not a cliffhanger, there are still open storylines I’d like to see tied up. A third book, Ternion, is listed on Anah Crow’s website without details or dates.
Full Circle (Sanctuary #5) by RJ Scott. ebook. Very good m/m romantic suspense in which Manny finds himself attracted to the son of a murderer, but can’t let himself get distracted as the Bullen case hits critical.
Timeslip by Clare London. ebook short. Very good short timetravel m/m story about a guy whose hardass boss keeps appearing in his bedroom at night, then vanishing.
Townie & the Twink (Men of Holsum College #3) by Daisy Harris. ebook. Very good m/m romance about a college student who can tell that the cute townie from class is closeted, even from himself, although his blatant lusting after his lifelong best friend gives him away.
Jamie (Dominion #2.5) by Lissa Kasey. free ebook short. Good short paranormal m/m that just provides a slice of life from the perspective of Seiran’s older brother Jamie.
Conviction (Dominion #3) by Lissa Kasey. ebook. Good paranormal m/m romance about Seiran’s friend, water witch Kelly, and Seiran’s older brother, earth witch Jamie, who head to a northern Minnesota lodge with Seiran and Gabe for what turns out to be anything but a relaxing getaway. Unfortunately, I never really felt the supposed connection between Kelly and Jamie. 🙁 I’d like to point out that the cover is kind of funny, in that Minnesota lacks mountains – the highest point is 2301 feet/701m. 🙂
“Oh, is that a tasty spider I spy on the ceiling?! Hello, tasty spider!!” -Mayhem