- New releases: Smart Bitches (romance)
- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Linkity from the Pen Addict.
- On reviewing books online. (via Sunita)
- Ray Bradbury quotes.
- Some spelling humor, coffee mug style.
- Lovely art and bookish quotes. Maybe I’ve already used this one before, but oh well. 🙂
- Geode and agate bookends.
- 10 funny poems about life and love.
- Hennepin County Library links to LGBTQIA+ resources.
- President Obama’s recent reading list.
Think, Learn, Make, Do
- “The science behind the summer solstice“.
- Moths who use the planet’s magnetic field to navigate at night.
- How a fire pole between the Earth and the Moon would (or wouldn’t) work…
- “Why it’s harder to think in the summer heat“.
- Brilliantly simple climate visualization.
- “Why ‘finding your passion’ isn’t enough“.
- Koko the gorilla is dead.
- Hotspots of antivaxxers.
- Truly, this is the darkest timeline.
- “What is a constitutional crisis?“
- On “Freddish, the special language Mr Rogers used when talking to children”.
- “Won’t You Be My Neighbor? review: Kindness shouldn’t feel this subversive“.
- Balsamic chicken Cobb salad. (via The Kitchn)
- 25 Mediterranean recipes.
- 20 recipes using black beans.
- 10 easy grilled chicken recipes.
- Tofu tikka masala.
- Three-ingredient strawberry nice cream.
- Grilled Rice Krispie treats.
- Orange-scented olive oil cake.
- “Chocolate and sea salt-covered, super-sized Pocky sticks“.
- An interesting story started by writing-prompt-s. And another!
- You can reach the roof! (Plus a new recap of the saga of #mprraccoon.)
- Scrabble tile rack lamp.
- The New Zealand All Blacks and Black Ferns rugby teams’ new jerseys stretch to reveal rainbow colors to promote diversity.
- Yes, thank you so much, friends who live in my computer! 🙂
- “You are no more or less special than anyone else“.
Cool or Wha…?
- Maple cotton candy.
- The Saint Paul Saints are going to play as the Saint Paul Raccoons on June 26…
- HAL 9000 USB stick.
- Flying, hands-free umbrella.
- Australian “Antarctic researchers are having more solstice fun than you”. Um, just no. That is crazy!
- Grapes that taste like cotton candy. (Presumably NOT like maple-flavored cotton candy.)
- Scratch’n’sniff stamps.
- “Nude vampire with gloves“. (Completely safe for work.)
- xkcd on GDPR. (Right-click/long-press for caption.)
Journal Spilling: Mixed-Media Techniques for Free Expression by Diana Trout. Reread. I might like this more than I did the first time I read it three years ago! Original review: Very good overview of art journaling techniques, complete with prompts at the end. “Spilling” refers to writing (or creating an art entry) without thinking about it – basically stream-of-consciousness. I liked this book enough that I’ve ordered a used copy for myself.
*being beautiful* -Mayhem