- Blodeuedd’s giving away two copies of What Would Mr. Darcy Do? by Abigail Reynolds. Contest closes April 18. (US & Canada)
- Tracy’s giving away three copies of Inseparable by Brenda Jackson. Comment by 7 pm PDT, April 22, for your chance to win. (US & Canada)
- If you’d like the chance to be flown to NYC to be part of the full-cast recording of Neil Gaiman’s American Gods audiobook, you’ll have to submit your entry by 5 pm EDT, May 5.
- New releases and more: Lily (m/m romance), Book Lovers Inc (romance/UF/etc), AAR (romance), and KB (romance/UF/etc).
- Have you read the cyberpunk classic Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson? It’s pretty amazing how well he did predicting the future. (Every time I think of that book, “Poor Impulse Control” runs through my mind…)
- Probably just as well this tiny typewriter doesn’t actually work.
- Kindlefolk might want to check out eReaderIQ, a database of discounted and free Kindle books on Amazon.
Do, Think, Make, Learn
- Today is the National Day of Silence aimed at raising awareness of anti-GLBT name calling and harassment. (Post is SFW, but be aware that rest of blog is NSFW.)
- In what seems like a bad precedent, Congress removed the Rocky Mountain wolf from the Endangered Species List.
- Lovely – some povidone iodine pads are being recalled because they may be contaminated with invasive meningitis.
- If you’re curious what using a standing desk is like before changing things around, this trick might help you get the feel for it.
- Make your own map book using Google Maps. (This actually has gift potential.)
- What do lucky people do differently than unlucky people? (This is actually pretty much what I do!)
- Or… crochet an entire Viking costume, if you’re feeling more ambitious.
- Watch the slideshow to see some of the inventions that have come out of MIT (which turned 150 last weekend!).
Cool or Wha….?
- You can donate toward building a fully operational AT-AT (from Star Wars).
- xkcd for the hardcore geeks (make sure you hover your mouse pointer over the comic for additional text!). (Thanks, trek!)
- Pain rating, xkcd style (again with the mouse pointer hovering).
- As Consumerist writes, “It was inevitable that these two businesses would someday end up next to each other.”
- Your brain after you’ve watched a Harry Potter movie. (Rest of site is very NSFW)
- Kitten! Fennec and kitty! Fennec bouquet! Bean and kitten! Baby flamingo! Kittens! Tiny tortoise! Kitten! Baby fennec! Kittens! Cow and calf! Cat and kitten! Red panda! Kitten! Kid! Baby leopard!
Hard Fall by James Buchanan. ebook. Excellent kinky m/m romantic suspense about a deeply closeted Mormon sheriff’s deputy in Utah who needs the help of a handsome young climber to retrieve a body.
The Salisbury Key by Harper Fox. ebook. Excellent m/m romantic suspense about an archeologist who abruptly loses his partner without warning or explanation and isn’t doing so well. I spent a bit of the first half of the book sniffling and blotting my eyes and wondering how this could possibly be romantic suspense!
Driftwood by Harper Fox. ebook. Excellent m/m romantic suspense about a former British Army doctor who hides out in a crumbling tower on the coast of Cornwall, alternately working at the village clinic and binge drinking. He rescues a handsome surfer caught in the undertow, with no clue what the consequences will be…
Paris A to Z (Code #6) by Marie Sexton. ebook. Very good m/m romance in which the four guys from Coda, Colorado, are on their way to Paris for Cole and Jonathan’s wedding. What could possibly go wrong?!
The Charlie Factor by Diana DeRicci. ebook. Very good m/m romance about a former firefighter slowly recovering after nearly dying in a murderous fire. He’s befriended by a straight guy who finds himself developing very confusing feelings for his new friend.
Ethan’s Freedom (Portals #1) by Jade Archer. ebook. Very good paranormal m/m romance about a cat shifter, raised with his twin brother to be pleasure slaves to a mage, who manages to escape his world and find his way to Earth, through the cat door and into the home of a very surprised nurse.
Devon’s Revenge (Portals #2) by Jade Archer. ebook. Very good m/m paranormal romance about Ethan’s cat shifter brother who’s out on the streets, trying (not very successfully) to fend for himself and feeling vengeful toward Ethan for ruining their cushy, sheltered lives as pleasure slaves.
The Alpha’s Pet by Louise Gough. ebook. Good paranormal m/m romance about an omega werewolf who becomes mutually fascinated by the alpha’s latest bed pet and is subsequently inspired to change his status in the pack.
Binding the Wolf by Kay Derwydd. ebook short. Meh kinky short m/m paranormal romance about a couple who’ve been together for six years when one tells the other that he’s not exactly human… Waiting for six years into the relationship to share that and another revelation made absolutely no sense. Add to that the way the story jumped around abruptly and it just didn’t work.
“Wherefore art thou, stripey socks?!” -Mayhem