- Blodeuedd’s giving away a copy of Wolf Unleashed by Paige Tyler. (Read the details on what your comment needs to contain to enter.) Closes June 18. US only.
- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Linkity from Inkophile.
- The maps behind the “Choose Your Own Adventure” books.
- “This is what a librarian looks like“.
- Seanan McGuire being awesome. (This is completely for Nicole.)
- Library card phone case. (via Book Riot)
Think, Learn, Do, Make
- “How tall would the Stanley Cup be if the NHL never removed anyone’s name?“
- Don’t anger the ravens, people. (Or crows.)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson has won the Stephen Hawking Medal.
- Scientists weighed a star.
- Another perspective on the EWG’s yearly good/bad sunscreen lists.
- A very good point by xkcd. (Definitely hover/long-press for the caption on this one.)
- “How to find free and safe public wi-fi“.
- No-chop cold veggie noodle bowls with soy lime vinaigrette.
- Make-ahead chicken and veggie chopped salad.
- Summer breakfast salad.
- Broken lasagna.
- Smoky portobello cheese “burgers”.
- 20 simple summer salads.
- 20 dinners that won’t heat up the kitchen.
- 10 strawberry-rhubarb recipes.
- Fudgy condensed milk cookies.
- Secret ingredient (spoiler: cauliflower) frozen hot chocolate. (via The Kitchn)
- The impact of the new Wonder Woman movie on kindergartners.
- Minneapolis City Hall.
- Linkity from kmkat.
- The former President of Mexico has a message for tRUMP.
- Minnesota: “We have the biggest puddle”.
- “Because fuck glaciers!” (Hover/long-press for caption.)
- The secret behind state maps. (Hover/long-press for caption.)
- Rather NSFW Cake Wrecks.
- Autocorrects about horses.
The Creative License: Giving Yourself Permission to Be the Artist You Truly Are by Danny Gregory. While I didn’t always agree with the author, it was a good, thought-provoking book on using drawing to bring more creativity to all aspects of your life. It definitely got me thinking and writing about some deeper things.
Creative Pilgrimage: An Exploration of Artful Gatherings and Discovery of Innovative Art Techniques by Jenny Doh. Ok but very repetitive overview of various instructors from mixed media art retreats. Not something I’ll bother rereading or referring to again.
I recently bought a magnet for my refrigerator and it perfectly sums up how Chaos greets visitors…
“I am Chaos and I approve of this message!!!” -Chaos