- New releases: Book Riot (audiobooks), AAR (romance), Smart Bitches (romance), and Tor.com (scifi, fantasy, genre-benders)
- Linkity from Smart Bitches. More linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Linkity from Inkophile.
- Linkity from the Pen Addict.
- Harry Potter-inspired photoshoot.
- “The bodies of the girls who made me: Fanfic and the modern world” from Seanan McGuire.
- Neil Gaiman on fanfiction – at least scroll down to the two small text chunks above the gif at the end, starting with “Then again…”
Think, Do, Learn, Make
- Allergy myths and facts.
- Is “Lyme disease the first epidemic of climate change”? (via MCaspian)
- “State-by-state USA cryptid list“.
- Why you should turn to veterinarians in a zombie apocalypse.
- “There is nothing wrong with your house“.
- Ha! Those “warranty void if removed” stickers are meaningless. Repair away!
- On sunscreen and expiration dates.
- “Don’t let minimalists make you feel guilty about your ‘clutter’“.
- “It takes 90 hours to make a new friend“.
- Molly Ringwald on misogyny in John Hughes’ movies.
- 25 recipes made with a can of chickpeas.
- 15 recipes using black beans.
- BBQ tofu salad bowls.
- Easy slow cooker bean soup.
- Vietnamese-style chicken and noodle salad.
- Slow cooker spinach and artichoke chicken.
- Orange-baked rhubarb.
- Three different one-bowl brownie recipes.
- Easy chocolate biscuit bombs.
- 10 easy, fancy single layer cakes.
- Peanut butter sheet cake with chocolate cream cheese frosting.
- Definitely read this review before rushing out to buy the new Tombow Play Color Dot Markers. My favorite line: “Alas, I cannot dot all the things.”
- Knitting linkity from kmkat.
- Massive LEGO chimera. (via maderr)
- From the life of a retired villain…
- “Death comes for Minerva McGonagall“…
- “When real sports become a sports movie“.
- Kids singing Cloud Cult’s song “Chemicals Collide”.
- New glow-in-the-dark coin from the Royal Canadian Mint.
- Linkity from kmkat. Linkity from Bookwyrm-Knits.
Cool or Wha…?
- “Harry Potter dream castle for sale in downtown Minneapolis” – and it’s right around the corner from the Minnesota Center for Book Arts! 🙂
- LEGO mosaic of King Richard III.
- Plush Dave Bowman (from 2001: A Space Odyssey).
- MIT has a headset that listens to your thoughts.
- Members of The Breakfast Club as social media platforms.
- Arnulf the disruptive sheep.
- “One reason to root against every team in the Stanley Cup Playoffs“.
- On birds and men and flirting.
- New Simon’s Cat film. Or two!
- Some words of wisdom from Captain America.
- “OS born to be“.
- Interesting theory about Australia and Mad Max.
The Art of Expressive Collage: Techniques for Creating with Paper and Glue by Crystal Neubauer. Reread: I appreciated this book more the second time and bumped my rating from three to four stars.
“Still no birds. Woe.” -Mayhem