- New releases: Tor.com (scifi, fantasy, genre-benders) and AAR (romance).
- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Cover snark from Smart Bitches.
- Linkity from the Pen Addict.
- “Octavia Butler will change the way you look at genre fiction“.
- RIP, Harlan Ellison.
- An interview with Ben Aaronovitch (from the back of The Furthest Station paperback).
- Some writing advice.
- “Yup, sometimes your favorite children’s books are racist“.
- Book-themed fabrics.
- 25 floating bookshelves.
- The novelist submits her completed manuscript…
- Signs you’re a bookworm.
- I absolutely could not handle working this poor publisher’s social media account.
Think, Do, Make, Learn
- Implications of Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy’s retirement.
- Stupid dense breasts – some info from Consumer Reports on what you should do if you, like me, have them.
- Foods to avoid eating on an airplane.
- Check your combo smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, as a few brands have been found to be faulty.
- Design tricks companies use to get you to give them your data.
- Crows might be better toolmakers than realized.
- Caprese stuffed portobellos. (via The Kitchn)
- Honey garlic baked cauliflower bites. (via The Kitchn)
- Chilled zucchini noodle salad.
- 12 one-skillet meals.
- Buffalo chicken dip.
- Bourbon snickerdoodle blondies.
- 7 dairy-free ice creams to make at home.
- No-bake single-serving chocolate and peanut butter cookie. (Only gluten-free if you use gluten-free oats.)
- 35W Bridge in Minneapolis (Pride edition).
- Wabasha Street Bridge in St Paul (Pride edition).
- If there were forests instead of oceans…
Cool or Wha…?
- My brain hurts just from reading this.
- When Godwin himself says Godwin’s Law no longer applies… Godwin’s Law refresher.
- That last picture!
- The life of a cat.
- If you want to liven up your visits to the gym…
- Signs you’re not getting enough sleep.
- “Thorough analysis“. (Hover cursor/long-press to read the caption.)
Tales of Suspense: Hawkeye and the Winter Soldier by Rosenberg, Foreman, & Rosenberg. Dammit, Tumblr, I don’t even go here! D’oh. Yeah, I saw some snippets of this on Tumblr and was intrigued by the dynamic between Hawkeye and Bucky. Considering 99% of what I know about the Avengers is from Tumblr, it was pretty good. 😀
“I’m meeeeltingggggg…” -Mayhem
(Good thing we have wall air conditioners!)