What are your favorite colors?
- Black, purple, forest green, cobalt blue
Are you a new sock knitter? How long have you been knitting socks?
- I’ve been knitting socks for four or five years. I’ve knit over 40 pairs.
Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn?
- It depends. 🙂 I have a lot of multicolored yarn
, but I sure would love some black Regia Silk. I found black Regia Silk locally!! Woo-hoo!!
What fibers do you prefer in sock yarn?
- Not acrylic. If it’s cotton, it needs to be blended with wool. I hate Cascade Fixation with a passion.
Where do you usually knit socks?
- Everywhere – I always have a sock project in my backpack.
How do you usually carry/store small projects?
- I have a very cool sock bag from Trek that holds one of my sock projects. The other is in a purple stuff sack in my backpack.
What are your favorite sock knitting patterns?
- I always use my basic toe-up cast-on and pattern for the numbers. I then use the stitch patterns from assorted other patterns.
What are your favorite sock knitting techniques?
- See previous! 🙂
What new techniques would you like to try?
- Maybe some more lace socks.
Do you prefer circulars or dpns for sock knitting?
- Two circulars all the way. I’ve tried dpns and I’ve tried magic loop.
What are some of your favorite yarns?
- Sundara, Regia Silk, some of the superwash sold by ebay seller lotusblossom, Trekking
What yarn do you totally covet?
- I covet the green Trekking colorway that’s numbered in the low 100s. More Sundara. More Regia Silk. Maybe some Mama-E or Scout. Strangely, I’m not a big fan of Cherry Tree Hill. Koigu is ok, but there are lots of great microproducers out there doing stuff just as good.
Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object?
- How about skill?! Probably some stunning, elaborate lace shawl out of black cashmere. It’ll be a while before I’m up to it!
Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)?
- Addi Turbos. I always use size 0 for fingering weight socks, but if they made 00 Turbos, I’d have those.
If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be?
- Regia Silk – there’s a pun there, but you’d have to know some very specific things about me to get it!
Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack?
- Dark chocolate! Interesting gluten-free, lactose-free snacks from exotic locations.
What’s your favorite animal?
- Hee hee… um, cats. (Are you surprised?! I didn’t think so.)
Do you have pets?
- Two blackcats
What are their species/names/ages?
- Chaos, born September 28, 2003, and Mayhem, born May 31, 2006
If you were a color what color would you be?
- Black. It’s simple, it’s elegant… Purple would be my second choice, for when I’m an old catlady!
Describe your favorite shirt (yours or someone else’s).
- Black v-neck tank top with a hint of lycra but not form-fitting, hitting slightly below the hip bone
What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature?
- Egrets for their snowy whiteness, their simultaneous awkwardness and elegance
Tell me the best quote you’ve ever heard or read.
- “It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.” – Agnes Repplier
Do you have a wishlist?
Anything else you’d like to share with the group today?