If you’re using mobile and things are weird, it’s probably because I have the mobile plugin for my site turned off right now – it decided that everyone was on mobile. *sigh*
- New releases: Fiction Vixen (romance), Dear Author (romance), and Tor.com (scifi, fantasy, genre benders)
- Book and publishing news from Dear Author.
- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Bookity linkity from Becky Black.
- You get a free lifetime LibraryThing membership if you import your Shelfari library into LibraryThing, before Amazon closes Shelfari and moves everything to Goodreads.
- 40 “C” words.
- Novel Teas.
- WTFBadRomanceCovers poses a very interesting question indeed.
- Murphy’s Laws of fanfic.
- Whoops! (via stars-benn)
Think, Make, Do, Learn
- “116 amazing facts for people who like amazing facts“.
- How to get rid of full-screen screensaver ads in Windows 10.
- “You went to see Deadpool because Deadpool has been flirting with you all year“.
- If you’d like Morgan Freeman to be your GPS voice…
- Crispy salt and vinegar potatoes.
- Cheetos-style chickpeas.
- 20 rice meals.
- Spaghetti squash recipes.
- Deep dish shepherd’s pie with sweet potato and chicken curry.
- Dark chocolate snack bites.
- Coffee cats.
- Quirky tea infusers.
- Sea smoke on Lake Superior by Duluth, Minnesota.
- The Doctor Who coloring book is now available.
- Wooden Star Wars phone cases.
- Ring boxes turned into wee dioramas.
- Short scifi film.
Cool or Wha…?
- Van Gogh doll with detachable ear.
- Film’s most evil smiles.
- It’s a bike! No, it’s a washing machine!
- Key Lime “Slime-Filled” Twinkies.
- Hi-C Ecto Cooler returns.
- Peeps Milk and Marshmallow Egg Nog return.
- “20-foot-tall sculpture relocated after texting visitors kept walking into it“.
- Sounds very Wrecky: “Batman attacking a shark with a light saber… plus a cow udder“
- Definitely a bad sign.
- 20 illness-related autocorrects.
- Bad kitty!
- Bad kitty!
- Black kitty?
Mixed Media Revolution: Creative Ideas for Reusing Your Art by Darlene Olivia McElroy & Sandra Duran Wilson. So-so whirlwind overview of many, many mixed media techniques. Some of the techniques required you to scan QR codes or visit the publisher’s website for more details, which I found annoying.
The Mixed-Media Artist: Art Tips, Tricks, Secrets and Dreams from Over 40 Amazing Artists by Seth Apter. This did not fare well being read after An Illustrated Life: Drawing Inspiration from the Private Sketchbooks of Artists, Illustrators and Designers.
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. I was completely unprepared for how this book sucked me in – I read it in one sitting, tissue box close by.
“Soooooooo bored!!!!!” -Mayhem
*falling asleep, balefully* -Chaos