Congrats to Michelle (Mi), who won As Spring Rain by Valentina Heart!Â As Spring Rain will be released by Silver Publishing on October 27.
Congrats to bheds, who won Book of Secrets (Oracle #2) by RJ Scott!Â Book of Secrets also will be released by Silver Publishing on October 27.
Congrats to Katherine H, who won The Mask by Clare London! The Mask will be released on October 28 by JMS Books.
Congrats to Marie, who won Compulsion by Clare London!Â Compulsion will be released by Dreamspinner Press on October 29.
- If you missed the first post about my New Mexico vacation…
- Apparently the Misadventures in Stock Photography have made me infamous among cover artists – the two I met at GayRomLit (GRL) knew who I was… eep.
- I attended a lot more actual GRL events this year than I did last year.
- Next year I’m actually going to stay in the conference hotel.
- Look at how brave my socially awkward and introverted self is being! 🙂
- I think I’m going into green chile withdrawal.
- This didn’t happen on my prior visits to New Mexico because I never found places that didn’t have wheat flour in their green chile sauce.
- Thank you, Find Me Gluten Free!
- I think.
- If you’re gluten-free and visiting Santa Fe, you must check out Revolution Bakery.
- I love to visit Taos, but I’d hate living there – too much traffic down the main street.
- I saw snow falling outside my window yesterday, which was a bit of a shock after the absolutely perfect (sunny and 70s) weather during my New Mexico visit.
- Also trying to readjust to this “humidity” stuff.
- Still addictively reading hockey fics…
I have virtually no photos from GRL, but I did manage to get a decent one of Kate McMurray, Clare London (poor thing, keeping a stiff upper lip there even though she was suffering from the flu), and Val Kovalin:
Here’s one I like of MsM (Tina) and Cole:
Some of you caught my Goodreads status update from October 16, but here it is for those who didn’t: “So due to outlet location in this less-than-stellar motel room and the length of the micro USB cables I brought on vacation, my tablet and cell phone will be sleeping with me tonight. I hope they don’t hog the covers.” (Alas, my tablet didn’t take that charge or any since – it’s pretty much bricked.)
I much preferred the power setup at Comfort Suites:
A tile that Lauradriana convinced me to buy in Santa Fe (it didn’t take much to convince me, strangely):
A shot taken near Abiquiu (where Georgia O’Keeffe lived) – I wish the amazing luminous gold of those cottonwoods actually came through in photos!
I liked the adobe Taos police station:
Some masks outside Coyote Moon in Taos:
And the Day of the Dead themed mug I bought at Coyote Moon, after admiring one at Coffee Cats:
Took this from the Rio Grande Gorge Bridge (565 ft/172 m) over the Rio Grande. Although I didn’t have reliable cell service at the Hard Rock Casino (yay for their free wifi and my wifi-enabled cell phone), I had great cell service here. Huh.
BackÂ home, I’m once again reminded of how cool the Minneapolis-St Paul Airport is – check out this cafe/bar that had iPads and charging stations on every table:
More GRL posts:
- Val Kovalin
- Edmond Manning
- Clare London
- Eden Winters
- Kaje Harper
- Lauradriana and Laddie
- Joyfully Jay: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3 (with a couple more yet to do)
- Cole (just a teaser so far…)
- Lisa from The Novel Approach
- Elisa Rolle
- Charlie Cochet
- Amy Lane
- Rarely Dusty Books
“You might earn my trust by never going anywhere ever again.” -Chaos
Make sure enter the contest for Tigerland (Tigers & Devils #2) by Sean Kennedy, plus the first book (Tigers & Devils) if the winner hasn’t read it already. Contest closes 7 pm CST, November 5.