Many thanks to Amy Lane for donating an ebook copy of her forthcoming m/m fantasy romance, Guarding the Vampire’s Ghost, for a lucky commenter to win! Guarding the Vampire’s Ghost will be released by Dreamspinner Press on October 13.
For four millennia, Shepherd, Angel of Repentance, and Jefischa, Angel of the Fourth Hour of Dark, have worked as a team to provide heavenly assistance to those who call their names. Shepherd’s work has made him dark and dour, but he’s determined to protect Jefischa from all of the terrible pain the mortal world has to offer. Now an accident of divine politics has put Adrian, a twice-dead vampire, in heaven, and angels have been falling to Earth to engage in forbidden activities ever since. Shepherd doesn’t know how, and he doesn’t know why, but he’s heaven-bent on keeping the impressionable Jefischa out of Adrian’s clutches. But how is it that someone who was supposedly not human can teach two angels so much about the best of humanity? And how is it that – as long as he has Jefi by his side—no duty on earth or in heaven is as pleasurable as guarding the vampire’s ghost?
Excerpt (scroll down and click Expand)
- Complete list
- Litha’s Constant Whim (m/m fantasy romance) – Review
- Truth in the Dark (m/m fairy tale) – Review
- Raising the Stakes (m/m romance short)
- Making Promises (m/m romance) – Review
- Bewitched by Bella’s Brother (m/m romance) – Review
- Talker (m/m romance) – Review
Amy Lane teaches high school English, mothers four children, and writes the occasional book. When she’s not begging students to sit-the-hell-down or taxiing kids to soccer/dance/karate – oh my! she can be found catching emergency naps, grocery shopping, or hiding in the bathroom, trying to read without interruption. She will never be found cooking, cleaning, or doing domestic chores, but she has been known to knit up an emergency hat/blanket/pair of socks for any occasion whatsoever, or sometimes for no reason at all. She writes in the shower, while commuting, while her classes are doing bookwork, or while she’s wandering the neighborhood at night, pretending to exercise and has learned from necessity to type like the wind. She lives in a spider infested and crumbling house in a shoddy suburb, and counts on her beloved Mate, Mack, to keep her tethered to reality – which he does while keeping her cell-phone charged as a bonus. She’s been married for 20+ years and still believes in Twu Wuv, with a capital Twu and a capital Wuv, and she doesn’t see any reason at all for that to change.
- To enter, leave a comment stating that you are entering the contest. Contest closes 7 pm CDT, Tuesday, October 12.
- If you haven’t commented before, your comment will not be visible until after I moderate it. Please do not leave a second comment because your first doesn’t show up! The blog gnomes will decide your comments are spam and then only ritual dust bunny sacrifice will salvage your entry…
- If your comment is actually an advertisement or if your CommentLuv link turns it into an advertisement, your comment will be deleted. (Most of you do not need to worry – this refers to some pretty clever comment spam.)
- Winners will be selected by random number.
- You must leave a valid email address in the “Email” portion of the comment form.
- Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from stumblingoverchaos.com!
- If a winner doesn’t respond to my congratulations email within 48 hours, I will select another winner.
- If you win, please respect the author’s intellectual property and don’t make copies of the ebook for anyone else.
- This contest is open worldwide!
“Hmm. I really want that spot. I wonder how annoying I will have to be to get the big kitty to leave.” -Mayhem