It’s never easy being the new guy in town. Especially when you’re gay, single and broke. Not only does Dylan fall into every one of those categories, but he’s also homeless and heartbroken as well – all before he’s celebrated his twenty-first birthday. Even though his older brother, Lucas, let him move in and found him a job at the local EMS company, Dylan has never felt lower. He’s been hurt and betrayed by everyone he loved, with the lone exception of Lucas. Dylan vows he’ll never open himself up to the pain that comes with caring about others. If that means he dies alone and bitter, then so be it. It sure as hell beats getting kicked in the ass by life again.
After working nearly ten years as a firefighter for Flint, Kaleb has seen all kinds of misery and broken spirits. Just when he thought nobody could tug at his heartstrings anymore, along comes a young, shy, dark-haired paramedic named Dylan. Even though he tries to ignore it, the haunted expression in Dylan’s gaze draws Kaleb in and before he knows it, he finds himself falling for the younger man. But will Kaleb be able to convince Dylan to open his heart one more time or will the past destroy both of their hopes for a future?
Stephani Hecht is a happily married mother of two. Born and raised in Michigan, she loves all things about the state, from the frigid winters to the Detroit Red Wings hockey team. Go Wings! You can usually find her snuggled up to her laptop, creating her next book or gorging on caffeine at her favorite coffee shop.
When she’s not running around like crazy, trying to get her kids to their various activities, she’s working on numerous projects.
- To enter, leave a comment stating that you are entering the contest. Contest closes 7 pm CDT, Friday, July 30.
- If you haven’t commented before, your comment will not be visible until after I moderate it. Please do not leave a second comment because your first doesn’t show up! The blog gnomes will decide your comments are spam and then only ritual dust bunny sacrifice will salvage your entry…
- If your comment is actually an advertisement or if your CommentLuv link turns it into an advertisement, your comment will be deleted. (Most of you do not need to worry – this refers to some pretty clever comment spam.)
- Winners will be selected by random number.
- You must leave a valid email address in the “Email” portion of the comment form.
- Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from stumblingoverchaos.com!
- If a winner doesn’t respond to my congratulations email within 48 hours, I will select another winner.
- If you win, please respect the author’s intellectual property and don’t make copies of the ebook for anyone else.
- This contest is open worldwide!
“I don’t know, Mom, this doesn’t feel like it’s a flattering look for me.” -Chaos