Congrats to Jase, who won the copy of Gay Man Seeks Same by Kim Dare!
Remember my author fan letter to Charles de Lint from a week or so ago? As a result of that post, Charles and his wife MaryAnn Harris have donated a very, very special book for me to give away to a lucky reader: a personally inscribed special edition of The Onion Girl, put out by Subterranean Press.
*pauses so we can all admire the lovely cover and I can get my fangirl squeeing under control*
“I’m not as trusting as people think I am. Sure, I see the best in people, but that doesn’t mean it’s really there.” – Jilly
The Onion Girl is set in the imagined North American city of Newford. Itâ€™s a place where magic lights dark streets, where myths walk clothed in modern shapes, where a broad cast of extraordinary and affecting people work to keep the whole world turning.
At the center of all the entwined lives of Newford stands a young artist named Jilly Coppercorn, with her tangled hair, her paint-splattered jeans, a smile perpetually on her lips – Jilly whose paintings capture the hidden beings that dwell in the cityâ€™s shadows. Long a supporting character in the Newford stories, The Onion Girl is Jillyâ€™s own story. Behind the painterâ€™s fey charm thereâ€™s a dark secret, and a past sheâ€™s labored to forget. That past is coming to claim her now, threatening all she loves.
â€œIâ€™m the onion girl,â€ Jilly says. â€œPull back the layers of my life, and you wonâ€™t find anything at the core. Just a broken child. A hollow girl.â€
Sheâ€™s very, very good at running. But life has just forced Jilly to stop.
You can read about the background of this book at Charles’ site.
- To enter, leave a comment stating that you are entering the contest. Contest closes 7 pm CDT, Monday, June 14.
- If you havenâ€™t commented before, your comment will not be visible until after I moderate it. Please do not leave a second comment because your first doesnâ€™t show up! The blog gnomes will decide your comments are spam and then only ritual dust bunny sacrifice will salvage your entryâ€¦
- If your comment is actually an advertisement or if your CommentLuv link turns it into an advertisement, your comment will be deleted. (Most of you do not need to worry â€“ this refers to some pretty clever comment spam.)
- Winners will be selected by random number.
- You must leave a valid email address in the â€œEmailâ€ portion of the comment form.
- Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from stumblingoverchaos.com!
- If a winner doesnâ€™t respond to my congratulations email within 48 hours, I will select another winner.
- This contest is open worldwide!
“I am a fearsome Panther Princess, lurking in this tree so I can spring on my unsuspecting prey, the wily Hot Pink Furry Mouse (HPFM)!” -Mayhem
64 thoughts on “Book Giveaway: Signed special edition of The Onion Girl by Charles de Lint [CONTEST CLOSED]”
I am entering the contest!
madamerkf at aol dot com
Wow, what a generous contribution!
Please enter me. Thanks for hosting! 🙂
A recent post from Renee..May 2010 Read Books (Part 2)
Charles and I are very happy that so many of you are entering the contest! Curious to see who wins on Sunday…
oops make that Monday…ends on Monday 7 pm CDT
I would love to be entered.
This is a new author for me and the book looks like a great read.
this would be amazing, thank you very much.
This looks like a wonderful book; please enter me in the contest.
A recent post from Julie..Friday with Clover and Bronson
Please enter me! Thanks so much for the chance! 🙂
Thanks for the giveaway >^..^<
Thank you for introducing me to Charles de Lint. And through your enabbling, I a, delighted to throw my name into the cat bed for this book. (Inasmuch as I have extremely limited internet access here in WY, please do not apply the 48-hour limit. Just know that I will respond as soon as I am able. Kthxbai.)
I would love to win this!
I’ve been behind on my reading, but would love to be entered!
A recent post from Jennifer..Planning and preparation
How did I miss this?? I’ve been champing at the bit to try this author since your fan letter. Count me in. 🙂
A recent post from Kris..best ofs: friends to lovers
Comments are closed.