- New releases: Tor.com (horror/genre-benders, YA SFF, SF, fantasy), Book Riot (romance, mystery/thriller/true crime, best out this week)
- Linkity from Smart Bitches.
- Linkity from BookWyrm Knits.
- On the importance of Pippin in LotR.
- “20 book apps for every kind of reader“.
- A Goodwill used bookstore.
- Epistolary ficlet.
- Another ficlet.
- This is SO TRUE.
- Hidden Valley Ranch ice cream.
- Crochet a Star Wars X-Fighter blanket/snuggie.
- This can’t possibly be a serious fashion show.
- Antique computers made from paper.
- “Yankee Candles’ stages of abstraction“.
- Somewhat disconcerting Starry Night optical illusion.
- Sequel to the horrible volume slider post: horrible options for entering your phone number.
- Cookie-stuffed brownies.
- Lovely Frank Lloyd Wright house.
- I was surprised at how well the lemon yellow accents worked.
- Hobbitish house.
- Less green on the inside. Fortunately.
- Lovely except for the lime green laundry room.
- “McMansion with a turret“.
- Buy your own square island for $225M.
- I don’t think they’re going to sell it until they get all of that “decor” out.
- Siegfried and Roy’s Las Vegas compound.
- :blink blink:
- Absolutely ridiculous bathtub location.
- Absolutely deadly bathtub setup.
- I wonder which was added first?
- Danger of impalation.
- Just danger.
- Fireplace stairs.
- Oh snap.
Mayhem would prefer not to have her photo taken, thanks.
3 thoughts on “Linkity is very tired of March’s lionish behavior”
I don’t even want to think about Hidden Valley Ranch anything.
Too much danger!
Too much wind! (Here… but probably heading your way.)
For all of the “why did you bring Pippin along” comments that I’ve seen around (over my many years of reading LOTR) one of the big ones has always been because he’s a reminder of why all of this is important. More than the others, he maintains an innocence even in the midst of horror. But I like the deep dive into the comparisons that you posted, too. Maybe one day I’ll finish reading The Silmarillion…
Ranch ice cream is a big no. (I’ve had garlic ice cream, and that’s as far down the savory ice cream path as I want to go.) Cookie-stuffed-brownies though… those might be worth trying.
That hobbit-ish house is cute—though the curved roof makes me think more of a ship (upside-down). I like the lemon yellow pops of color! Though I’m undecided on the lime laundry room. Put some stencils on it and it could be a lot of fun.
A recent post from Nicole..2023 Nebula Award Finalists
Lol that modern house with a turret, love it